Opening a line of communication with that person is the first step. As it was mentioned before, if someone is actually mentioning it / reaching out, it is because they have doubts as to what they are thinking about. If someone has truly reached that point where they have lost all hope, they will simply act and not say anything to anyone. The fact that they are mentioning it is the key, the light of hope that we need to focus on.<br />
Without prying, get as much information on them as possible, refer them to global help lines and is possible to local help centers or even family and friends. As long as they are not alone, there is hope because in this type of situation being alone unfortunately is the worst possible thing that can happen.<br />
So keep them talking and give them something to hold on to. I personally had one friend who was worried for me during the hardest period of my seperation and she made me do a "pinky swear" with her that she would see me the next day. As childish as it seemed at the time, I admitted to her the next day that the promise she had made me do had given me the strength to make it through the night. That is not to say that I wuold not have been able to, but it did help and made things easier. All that to say, anything you do will help, so if you are aware of someone going through a rough period, be there for them, talk to them and let them know that they can talk to you or anyone else - that alone is a huge first step in helping.

Best Answer

thank you for your words of encouragment

Best Answer

Is there someone to report to?

Best Answer

I don't know, that is why I'm asking

Best Answer

I had a scary encounter- the person can be anywhere in the world-

Best Answer

That's true

Best Answer

yes, you are right

Best Answer

you can't. if someone wants to kill himself, even if you lived in the same house, you couldn't stop it.<br />
best you can do is be a good listner, but don't get sucked into anyone's vortex of negativity... it's not healthy for you

Best Answer

I would think EP would have a way to assist, meaning Staff

Best Answer

well, they do direction to help lines, but I doubt they want the Liability of offering formal counseling services.

Best Answer

Make sense

Best Answer

Don't think there is a way. There are help lines, people to talk to.

Best Answer

Thanks, but If you really can't get them o do that, but have them on the net

Best Answer

Sorry, I meant like on the phone. Anything on the net just gives you the run around I think, I suppose that kind of helps, maybe.

Best Answer

I thought they would monitor

Best Answer

Maybe they do too

Best Answer