Ive got a party this weekend i have to drive home from, and i really prefer to drink gin&tonics. Just a general estimate, but for specifics the legal drink driving limit in australia is 0.05 BAC (blood alcohol content) - I'm female, average build, about 5'5 :)
star24689 star24689 31-35 8 Answers Mar 5, 2013 in Hobbies

Legally, as in if you were breathalysed you would be ok but even one drink can distort your ability to drive....and as one drink usually leads to another it's best to abstain altogether.

Best Answer

I metabolize alcohol differently on different occasions. Sometimes one drink can give me a significant head buzz. It depends on how much and what I've eaten for the last few days, how hydrated I am, and what the weather is! So.....it could be the case for you as well.

Best Answer

Just genuine curiosity, but how has the weather affected your buzz?? Can't say Ive ever experienced that :)

Best Answer

I don't understand how it happens, but a cold beer in the hot summer sun can send me up dancing on top of picnic tables. : )

Best Answer

Most people can only “burn off” an average of about 0.016 grams percent of ethanol (drinking alcohol) per hour.<br />
Some hints: (1) Eat first, especially high protein foods; (2) Don’t drink alcoholic beverages that have carbonation mixed with them; (3) slow down the alcohol intake so that your body has adequate time to process the alcohol (110 pound female, one standard drink per hour); (4) wait at least 2 hours after the last drink to start driving, SO LONG AS you feel no “buzz” at all.<br />
With only one drink, if you will follow those suggestions, you should have no problems.

Best Answer

It takes an hour to an hour and a half for your body to fully metabolize an ounce and a half of alcohol, so however much you drink, the safest option is to not to drive until 2-3 hours after your last one. Which probably means that a drink or two at the beginning of the party is fine, as long as you stop. Safest to abstain, as rudyboo mentioned, it's tough to stop when the party's in full swing and you already have a buzz.

Best Answer