People who commit crimes are Criminals, yes? To be a Criminal, you have to disobey laws. How is a law going to stop someone from doing something that they are supposed to do as a criminal? Its very easy to get illegal guns. A law isn't going to stop them if they want to shoot your azz, you just can't fight back because you're obeying the law. Hmmmm... I guess we should remember Heroin is illegal to, right? People still use that.
JessieTheGreekGoddess JessieTheGreekGoddess 18-21, F 17 Answers Apr 28 in Politics

See Australia's gun crime rates and mass shootings then you will know!

Best Answer

I don't care about Australia, though. -_-

Best Answer

You may not but our gun laws stop all the dumb shooting of innocent people **** you have in your country and to be quite frank I don't like America gun happy media swallowing idiots live there! So keep your gun laws and enjoy the massacres at schools and in public places.

Best Answer

There is no rational comparison.

Best Answer

In Mexico, it's illegal for anyone to own, posses, transport, or operate a gun, yet my mom's neighbor was shot in the head along with her two daughter 8 months, and 4 years. Guns are illegal yet the criminal cartels somehow get their hands on guns, the mom probably wishes she had a gun to defend herself. We should cherish our right to bear arms.

Best Answer

Its funny how they never say how many crimes are stopped, by people who HAVE gun carry permits

Best Answer

gun control doesn't prevent crime, it helps prevent people shooting each other

Best Answer

No it doesn't. They can still shoot each other even if there are laws.

Best Answer

where there are laws, there aren't as many guns. see? simple!

Best Answer

Its very easy to get illegal guns. -_-

Best Answer

then the laws you have are not enough.

Best Answer

Laws are the reason we have issues. We need less laws and more freedom.

Best Answer

really?

Best Answer

Are you trolling or are you retarded?

Best Answer

insults won't take you far. neither here nor in life. have fun.

Best Answer

and its against the law to have cell phones, booze, drugs and weapons in prison. Hows that working out?

Best Answer

one MORE law is going to prevent a criminal from breaking the law ?
OK thanks for the belly laugh.

Best Answer

Yeah it is here too no massacres for years though! Think about that!

Best Answer

So you can shoot more people very clever doh!

Best Answer

No Trengo is smarter than you is all!

Best Answer

Chicago, Ill and Washington DC have the tightest gun control laws in the country. Yet, they have two of the highest gun related homicide rates in the country.

Best Answer

Virtually all countries have problems keeping drugs and people from crossing their borders. Why do you believe that guns will be any different?

Best Answer

dont peek behind the curtain! just accept what the mass liberal media tells you and you will dream of loli-pops and candies all the days of your life

Best Answer

They dont!!..blaming guns for murders is like blaming pencils for spelling mistakes or blaming matches for arson

Best Answer

gun control laws are overrated. they need to do better background checks when purchasing a firearm. obviously, you can buy a firearm on the streets, and that's were criminals get them. keep criminals locked up, and that might help prevent another criminal from buying a firearm.

Best Answer

Guns are the solution to everything in America. They're a solution against crime, they're a solution against oppression. Yet, America is the most violent of all industrialized countries and the one Western country where people are spied the most.

Best Answer

At least you can have legal guns in your country. :D You do realise your government works for you, right?

Best Answer

I can have guns but I chose not to. Few people in my country own guns and the majority that do, own real hunting guns, not automatic rifles in case there's a rabbit stampede. Last friday we celebrated the last time we overthrew a government, forty years ago, and we didn't use guns. Portugal is also one of the safest countries in Europe and far, far safer than the USA. And... no guns.

Best Answer

I think its either Finland, or one of those countries, I think Finland, though (I'm a Canadian that has a terrible memory, bare with me). Most people carry guns (1 in every two people), and they have one of the lowest crime rates. :D

Best Answer

Don't they kidnap a lot of American girls there, and then use them in prostitution rings?

Best Answer

I am so inconsistent with my writing and English, sorry. Not my first language.

Best Answer

The thing is that people in Finland are highly educated, they serve in the Armed Forces as conscripts and there is little social inequality. Their low crime rates aren't owed to the fact people have guns (and they don't collect machine guns and automatic rifles like Americans), they're owed to having a proper democracy that gives people a chance. Poverty and social injustice are what drives people to crime.
/
Take this example: a young American does what other millions do and smokes a joint. He's caught and sent to jail. In jail he has to join a gang or die. He then comes out with a label: he's a criminal, he won't have much luck getting a job. Should we forget that prisons are, across the world, schools of crime?
/
Regarding drugs, we used to have a problem with hard drug consumption so, in 2001, we liberalized the use but not the sale of drugs. People who use them are treated as patients suffering from a terrible addiction and, if they wish to, they can go to rehab for free. Syringes are supplied for free so that addicts won't use contaminated needles. Guess what? The use of drugs dropped to half. Drug related diseases dropped ever further and we've saved money: jail is expensive. Kids no longer go there to learn the criminal trade.
/
Also, America has a badly thought out legal system. In Portugal, robberies are often committed without the use of guns because having a knife or a pistol at the time of the crime doubles the sentence. In the USA, prison time will be long anyway. Considering that private citizens also carry guns, thieves won't have a problem shooting the victim, the witnesses and whoever comes to get them: they'll do whatever they need to not to go to jail.

Best Answer

Still gun laws don't stop criminals, and the problem isn't the law-abiding citizens have have legal guns. Do you understand how easy it is to get an illegal gun? I personally do, its VERY easy. I must admit, I didn't read all you wrote, I got bored. Keep it short and simple. No internet debate/argument is worth that much effort.

Best Answer

If you won't read it, there really is no point in further discussing this matter.

Best Answer

Well, you can state things without talking so much. If you can't explain something simply, you must not understand it that well.

Best Answer

If you haven't read it, you can't say I don't understand it. You don't know what I've talked about to begin with!

Best Answer

I scanned it. Which should have been enough.

Best Answer

Forget it!

Best Answer

Mhmmm

Best Answer

Oh the opposite has a good knowledge of the issues not dumb stupid one sentence statements?

Best Answer

Scanning spamming!

Best Answer

Automatic weapons have been banned in the US for years.

Best Answer

Automatic weapons are not legal in the US.

Best Answer

it really doesn't.

Best Answer

Gun control does not prevent crimes.<br />
The bad guys will always find a way to have a gun.<br />
The only difference would be that they could be sure that their innocent victims have no guns to defend themselves.<br />
And so with a lower risk for the bad guys you can guess at the development of the crime rate.

Best Answer

They don't. You can't fix the stupid that insist differently in spite of the facts though.

Best Answer

The reason gun laws don't and will never work is because there are so many freaking guns in the country and they continue to be produced ... the pandora's box has been opened and it will be tough to get it closed ... the logical solution would be laws in regulating ammunition as the gun is worthless without bullets to put in them but lawmakers are to stupid to try and go that route

Best Answer

I think you would only understand if you needed it and were not allowed to have it. Take comfort in knowing that when seconds count police are only minutes away.

Best Answer

Thats like saying we don't need fire extinguisher because we have Fire Fighters. Plus, you might need it against the police. Police are very corrupt. :D

Best Answer

if the guns don't exist the criminals can get them

Best Answer

How the hell do you think the government could ever confiscate all guns? Really?

Best Answer

japan has taken nearly all the guns out of civilian hands, and I'm not for gun control I'm just saying how it works

Best Answer

They can learn how to make them, themselves. I've been researching it. I want to try. :3

Best Answer

That's why we need our guns, we don't want to be like Japan, and if the U.S. Ever tries, to be like japan, well we wont because there are a lot of people out there with private guns ready to defend our constitution.

Best Answer

It doesn't work everywhere. Japan has a very different social setting and culture. You have to consider the type of Society. Just because it works for the Japanese, doesn't mean it will work for everyone. The whole world isn't Japan.

Best Answer

It's a snap really. Look up flare gun mod's on youtube.

Best Answer

Japan also has a runaway nuclear reactor. Should we also imitate that?

Best Answer

I don't know, but we have strong gun control and very little gun crime. We all get to have guns unless we are violent criminals or insane.

Best Answer

How do you trust your government when you don't have a gun? O.o

Best Answer

like I said, we get to have guns. Dynamite too. But with waiting periods and record checks.

Best Answer

The government will take care of you. Why do you think they all flee to the U.S.

People say that America is violent, and there are too many guns, yet they all want to live in the greatest country in this planet, the country that was founded by, and with guns.

Best Answer

Actually, I'm Canadian and I think your country is a completely terrible nation. Its your government,they are retarded. Also,never put your faith in the government. Remember the Holocaust? I'm sure Germans and Jews thought the government would never do that to them. Or the US putting the Japanese into Internment camps. :D

Best Answer

What part of we get to have guns and dynamite are you missing? I love my country, I fear my government.

Best Answer

The government will take care of you, but not in a good way... Is what I meant. And in America it's government by the people, and for the people. Remember Hitler started a registry for gun owners, and then took them away from the people to keep them "safe." Less guns does not always equal less crime.

Best Answer

I wasn't talking to you, I was talking to the other guy.

Best Answer

Well, about half of all Canadians have guns. And we still have low gun crime. I am for guns. But I am also for throwing people who use guns in crime into a jail for 10 or 15 years.

Best Answer

**** no I don't want to go anywhere near there crazy over there!

Best Answer

If you believe that the US is horrible, it only makes sense that you would be willing to expand your military forces so that we no longer need to protect you and cover your obligations to NATO.

Best Answer

Stupid Australian government follows the US like a stupid puppy! I do not I'd rather we had nothing to do with you guys!

Best Answer

!

Best Answer

?

Best Answer