Do you believe in true love? Would you abandon your friends and/or family to be with the one person you feel is meant for you?
Rainbowsandrain Rainbowsandrain 36-40, F 12 Answers Jun 23 in Dating & Relationships

I would give up anything and everything, and no distance is too far.

Best Answer

I wouldn't "abandon" them as in cut off all contact. I would and did move far away. I'm not sure I believe in one true love, but I believe in really excellent love.

Best Answer

If the love is so true, there would be no expectation that family and friends would be abandoned. Many people now move far away from family and friends, for love or for a job.

Best Answer

Wholeheartedly agree. I travel back to see my family and I've lived where I do long enough that most of my friends are here.

Best Answer

I'd do anything. really.

Best Answer

actually did it when I was just 19. My parents did the "we don't want anything to do with her" thing, and I said fine, see you later. Didn't even talk to them for over 5 years. The marriage didn't work out and my parents and I got over our joint stupidity, so in the end, it was okay.

Best Answer

19.......could have been true love. You certainly thought it was. Why were they so opposed to her? Or was it more that you were only 19?

Best Answer

I think it was mostly that I was 19, AND half way around the world, getting married to a foreigner at the time. So while ultimately they were right, I was in love, and that was that.

Best Answer

Yes I believe in it and I also believe true love would not ask you to abandon all and everything.

Best Answer

What if true love is not asking...what if it's a threat from others?

Best Answer

Depends on the threats and the who, grown children they will come around when they see the good in it does not mean they have to be abandon just time.

Best Answer

An ex husband with a good threat regarding younger kids? Isn't that blackmail?

Best Answer

Depending where you live they are empty threats, he is going to take the children away of course that is what most say and unless you are a unfit mother it will not happen

Best Answer

what if it's not me who is unfit but my boyfriend is?

Best Answer

well if your boyfriend is unfit then it is you who should be thinking about what you are doing and if he comes before your children you knowing he is unfit I would say maybe you should reexamine what true love is.

Best Answer

He's not really unfit...just has a bad past...he's actually a wonderful person but has a past that I know that my ex will try and bring up...doesn't matter if my kids think he is wonderful too.

Best Answer

Most all have a past of some sort and a past is a past

Best Answer

No i wouldn't abandon your family and friends because you might be wrong.you said you feel like that person is meant for you so what if you're wrong?

Best Answer

What if I am right?

Best Answer

i wouldn't chance it. i would like to explain in detail but i have to go. i will message you later...i have done that before left home to be with a "true love"

Best Answer

I believe in it, I have found it, I would die for her if it was necessary, I only have one true friend and my family isn't that good(except my grandparents, I love and admire them) so I could abandon them for her, I could even die for her if it was necessary, I would do almost anything for her as long as I could stay by her side and she was just mine and of no one else, but she is dead, it was two years ago and I miss her more every day, so I'm just waiting until I'm 18yo and I'm going to kill myself.

Best Answer

No,I don't believe in true love,not at all.

Best Answer