I mean, can the psychologist/ is it necessary for the psychologist to tell he parents about things. How far does this go? As in what does he need to tell them? Suicidal thoughts, cutting, grades, condition? I really need to know. Thanks.
Erinkidd01 Erinkidd01 18-21, F 9 Answers Jan 12, 2010

WHATEVER YOUR CONCERNS ARE ,ADDRESS THEM WITH THE PSYCHOLOGIST-I AM SURE HE/SHE WILL ALLEVIATE YOUR FEARS AND IN SOME STATES IF A PSYCHOLOGIST FEELS A PERSON IS A DANGER TO HIMSELF OR OTHERS,LEGALLY,THEY HAVE TO COMMIT THEM!MY BEST ADVICE--TALK WITH YOUR CHILD,BUT,MOST IMPORTANT,LISTEN AND HEAR WHAT IT IS YOUR CHILD IS SAYING,GIVE EXTRA LOVE AND HUGS--THEY MAY NOT SEEM LIKE LOVING RECIPIENTS',BUT,DEEP DOWN-IT MAKES THEM FEEL GOOD AND LOVE IS FREE!! JUST TRY TO PUT YOURSELF IN YOUR KID'S PLACE--MY TEEN ADMITTED THAT THERE IS SO MUCH PRESSURE ON THEM BY THEIR TEACHERS' TO BE RESPONSIBLE,GROW UP,TELLING THEM IT IS HARD IN THE REAL WORLD--AND WHILE I AGREE--MY BABY JUST STILL WANTS TO BE A BABY A WHILE LONGER--SO AT HOME--LOTS OF LOVE AND BABYING-IN THE REAL WORLD--RESPONSIBLE TEEN STUDENT-GOOD BEHAVIOR-ETC..SOMETIMES IT IS THE LITTLE THINGS THAT MAKE IT TOUGH---HOLD ONTO HIM/HER A LITTLE BIT LONGER--WITH LOTS OF LOVE--LET THEM KNOW THEY WILL ALWAYS BE YOUR BABY!!MY TEEN WAS ACTING OUT AND SUCH SO WHEN I HEARD WHAT SHE WAS SAYING ABOUT NOT WANTING TO GROW UP,ABOUT BEING AFRAID TO GO TO A JOB,IT IS ALL NEW AND SCARY FOR THEM..I TOLD HER--INSIDE YOU NEVER HAVE TO GROW UP--YOU'LL ENJOY LIFE MORE!!

Best Answer

Here in WA State, the child has total confidentiality at age 13, medical and psychological. You must have your child's permission to get any medical information.

Best Answer

havent dealt with head shrinkers too much ,but here goes,i think should be a point when the patient ,Dr. relationship needs to include other pros who can help.

Best Answer

Absolute confidentiality is best. I say that as a parent. My kid is really astute. It am always amazed by the wisdom that comes from his mouth. But he still has his issues. I dont really want to know what observations he has made about me - I am likely to muck it up.

Best Answer

Like the said if you are to a danger to yourself or others It is manadtory she reports this to your parents.

Best Answer

Unless you're an immediate danger to yourself or others, the psychologist is bound to say nothing to your parents.

Best Answer