The frail thin bodies of today are only media inforced standards. Real women have real bodies, and those are the ones I'm referring to.
BackUpLeela BackUpLeela 31-35 18 Answers Mar 7, 2012

oiy they have become far to skinny and angular. Look at Marilyn Monroe, or even go further back to someone like Clara Bow, Mae West and the likes they had lovely curves versus say An Olsen Twin, Kira Knightely etc.

Best Answer

Perhaps they have changed in that the ideal stereotype has changed from a more voluptuous woman, to a thinner . . . <br />
But other than that, I don't really think so.<br />
If you prescribe to the theory of evolution, or natural selection then you should know that although we are all in a constant state of transformation, but noticeable differences take much longer than a couple of generations.

Best Answer

Its hard to tell, the way they wore those long dresses down to their ankles and came up around their necks.

Best Answer

Exactly. I see women from the mid 50's and up in videos, and they look quite plump, very similar to the women of today. But before the 50's, a woman was basically bandaged from head to toe mostly.

Best Answer

Taller. That's related to diet. <br />
Skinnier. That's related to women's own obsessions.

Best Answer

right

Best Answer

Getting way to thin.

Best Answer

from healthy to skinny mostly because fashion designers design for human hangers not people

Best Answer

More are ready for action.

Best Answer

I think the female form has change quite a bit. Back in the day, they ate what they could afford, so food wasn't very nutritional, but on the plus side it wasn't processed. This caused women back in the day to be naturally thinner than women of today. Today we have more money, more opportunities to 'eat like kings' and the convenience of fast food and more processed foods, causing the average body size of a woman today to be quite a few sizes larger than those of woman at the turn of the century. <br />
Our desired body image has change though. Back 100 years ago, women who were more voluptuous were more desirable because it reflected her wealth (the more money you had, the more you ate), where as today, some women are literally dying to be a size zero because that's what society states is beautiful. I'd sooner have the ideals of 100 years ago any day!

Best Answer

Rubenesque is no longer the standard and in fact is fashion shunned

Best Answer

They have been more abusive to it.

Best Answer

They say girls are taller.Everyone looks short to me though...

Best Answer

for the better(?)

Best Answer