Important enough that you shouldn't make them unless you're certain you can keep them.

Best Answer

Extremely important..how could i gain their trust and respect if i broke my promises.. its a big no no from me :)

Best Answer

I think it's very important. It's wrong to make promises you can't keep especially to kids and it teaches them the wrong thing if you break promises to them :-)

Best Answer

DEF should keep those promises made to children. i promised things to mine and boy let me tell you i am payin for it now. i pray daily to get it right w/ my boys. it woulda been a lot easier to keep it right than it has been to make it right. cuz once you mess up that trust any lil thing u do as a parent will be judged by that child.

Best Answer

Adults have better defense mechanisms and can handle broken promises a little better.........breaking a promise to a child who is just learning to trust leaves them disallusioned, thus growing up to despise that person who breaks the promise

Best Answer

Because Broken Promises = Lack of Trust in you as a Parent

Best Answer

A broken promise is a lie.<br />
Less than a hundred years ago, a promise was a personal contract, and your entire reputation depended on you fulfilling the promise. When I was young (1960s) I was on the end of the philosophy that "you don't make a promise unless you intend to keep it." It was about that time that the courts, politicians, and press began bombarding us with the idea that if it wasn't in writing, a promise was worthless and didn't matter. <br />
In real life they do matter, especially to children. When we consistently "promise" and then break those promises, we teach our children that it is okay to lie. We teach them that our word is worthless, so they question our proclamations of love, which undermines their belief in themselves. Broken promises to children have a ripple effect that can follow them all through their life in the form of distrust, pessimism, and low self esteem. <br />
When a parent consistently keeps the selective promises they make, the child learns that life can be fair, just, and reliable. They know they can always depend on you.

Best Answer

It's very important. They learn to trust and distrust through your actions. That's why you're method is a much safer way to go. It sometimes can become impossible to keep a promise so best not say it.

Best Answer

Hi,<br />
For me it is really important, and I would do my best to keep the promise. But I would definitly make sure that I only promise things that would be possible for me to keep. But I guess that, keeping your promises is really important for your child, as it will show him he can really trust you and count on you. And it will teach him the value of respecting the promises you make and choose them well.

Best Answer

That's a good way to do it. It's very important. It shows them no matter what they can depend on someone. And it show them u care enough to remember and keep promises made to them. It also sets an example that they should keep their word when given. Because that is what a promise is your word.

Best Answer

Extremely important as you have built up their hopes and their expectations of receiving..even to another adult your promises need to be kept

Best Answer

More vital than your next breath

Best Answer

VERY both good and bad

Best Answer