1. an athletic activity requiring skill or physical prowess and often of a competitive nature, as racing, ba<x>seball, tennis, golf, bowling, wrestling, boxing, hunting, fishing, etc.<br />
2. a particular form of this, especially in the out of doors.<br />
3. diversion; recreation; pleasant pastime.<br />
4. jest; fun; mirth; pleasantry: What he said in sport was taken seriously.<br />
5. mockery; ridicule; derision: They made sport of him.<br />
Golf and snooker would probably fall under #3.
Golf at the elite level they require a great deal of fitness
always one player that rocks the boat