marx5 marx5 18-21, M 14 Answers Jun 11, 2013 in Depression

In what ways do you feel your life is over with? Forget feelings for a moment. What exactly , objectively makes you THINK your life is over? Your life is only over when you're dead. You're having a hard time but it will pass. What triggered these feelings/thoughts? What exactly is so bad in your life? Is it money problems? Legal problems? Health problems? Loneliness? You can work on these .My dad told me when I was your age that life is about solving problems. Maybe you need better coping skills. Maybe you need to learn better strategies to work on what life throws you. You have a counselor, so USE him/her. Learn to roll with the punches, learn to go with the flow. Good luck.

Best Answer

Because your whole life so far has been about getting through school, and eventually getting a job, not that that is done, your life IS over. Now you need to start a new one, preferably starting from where your last one ended.

Best Answer

you mean finding a new job?

Best Answer

Everything Distilled said is right, except for one thing: Mr Winston*

Best Answer

OK I see, guess I'm a bit of a worrier & a little serious minded, guess taking time for myself & doing things I like are important as well as the company I do those things with

Best Answer

You just need to figure out a new long term goal, be that fun, or family, or career or something else.

Best Answer

yea agree

Best Answer

Afraid to grow up and leave home.

Best Answer

I feel the same, Everything seems pointless now .

Best Answer

I feel the same sometimes. Im 22 :/

Best Answer

It happens. You don't know what the future holds till you get there

Best Answer

Been there my whole life man. I truly understand. You are young and still can do something with your life, but feeling like this will keep you down and you won't accomplish what you are capable of.

Best Answer

yea I know that, but don't really know what to do about my feelings though

Best Answer

You have to learn to control them....or at least ignore them. At least until you are alone and can deal with them on your own time. Mine definitely control, and are a major part of my life, but I have many ways to deal with them. Most people don't consider my ways good ways, but hey, it works for me.

Best Answer

I would be willing to go through hell and back just to learn to control these "put-down" feelings

Best Answer

I don't control mine exactly. I can deal with them long enough to do what needs to be done. Then when I get home I deal with them in my own ways. Sometimes I just take meds and go to sleep, or watch movies until I sleep. Sometimes I get on EP all night long. But my favorite thing to do is cut (which I don't recommend). Sometimes I just drink profuse amounts of alcohol and cry all night long. But in the end you must realize that they are only feelings and that they will pass..........eventually.

Best Answer

yea I know, I've been through this crap long enough to know they'll pass, it's just going through the motions of the present feelings suck & not to judge you man, but some of those aren't the healthiest coping habbits

Best Answer

I know they are not. But I have been dealing with this for 28 years now or so. I am still here. I have learned to just realize that I am going to feel them, but while I am feeling them, I can work or whatever. I feel like crap, and my day will suck, but I keep in mind that when I get home at night I can deal with it then. And yes, most of the time I think of cutting and start to look forward to it, but hey, it gets me through the day. You said it right though. You just have to go through the motions. You can't control how you feel. Some people say they can, but I think they are just lying to theirselves. Just have your coping mechanism in the back of your mind and foscus on doing that as soon as you get home. Idk. I have been dealing with this for a long time and still don't have the answers. I am just telling you what I do. I hope that you feel better soon. :-)

Best Answer

well for me talking helps & by doing so on here I already am, but thanks for listening & the support though

Best Answer

At 20, world ahead can both exciting and terrifying. You have a real chance to prove how good you can be.

Good luck

Best Answer

There's lots of answers to this... but I just want to single out one for this answer... are you getting enough sleep? That will affect you a lot more than you know.

Best Answer

usually I do, not tonight though

Best Answer

You'll feel a lot better about yourself on a full night's sleep.

Best Answer

well for me personally, not always, I've had a good 8-9 hours of sleep & still woke feeling simlar

Best Answer

Well it's not a cureall, but it will probably make it worse if you don't. You can still get germs even if you diligently wash your hands, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't wash your hands. Right?

Best Answer

well tonight that's not going to happen, but most of the time I do try to get some good sleep & I know &thanks

Best Answer

So... listen to your feeling or what's correct?

Best Answer