Unfortunately i think Obama is just a figurehead that is doing what he has to in order to stay alive. There are much more powerful people that are really running things.

Best Answer

You are so right.

Best Answer

They tapped Obama's lines when he decided to run for Senate back in 2004. I wonder what the NSA had on him....may still have hanging over his head.

Best Answer

It's just the latest in a string of deceptions perpetrated upon the American people. Obama's in charge, and since he authorized all the deceptions, it's his fault. Funny how when it was Bush as President, EVERYTHING was his fault, and even now those idiot dems are trying to pin Obama's perfidy on him... the hypocrisy boggles the mind.

Best Answer

"President Bush signed legislation Friday that expands the ability to tap telephones and track Internet usage in the hunt for terrorists, new powers that drew praise from law enforcement officials and concern from civil libertarians."

Best Answer

What Bush barely started Obama has fulfilled over and over. Thank you for proving my point.

Best Answer

The PATRIOT Act was signed into law 12 years ago in 2001. Bush did not barely start this, did Obama stop it, no. But Bush started this, and deserves blame just as much as Obama. But the bulk of this was under Bush, so don't tell me he barely had a hand in this.

Best Answer

Oh pulllleeeeezzzzzz! Look, troll, IF obama was so much better than Bush, then he would've undone everything Bush did with the Patriot Act. Closed Gitmo, brought all our troops home and given us all free Obama phones like he promised. Blaming Bush isn't going to work for Obama anymore. It just makes him look more and more foolish; just like the ones who still believe he's not a liar.

Best Answer

Obama tried to close Gitmo, republicans blocked him. Obama has brought the troops from Iraq home, and troops from Afghanistan will start exiting next year. The PATRIOT Act is up for review in two years. I never said Obama does not deserve blame. I am outraged that he would support something so unconstitutional, but just because he supports it, and lets it happen doesn't put all of the blame on his shoulders. Bush made this possible with an unconstitutional law, and without Bush this would not be happening at the scale it is. And calling me a troll is not going to help your argument any further. Refusing to admit the person who started this whole thing, and permitted it longer than Obama did has no blame is the very definition of foolish. Just because you don't agree what other people have to say does not make them trolls. When someone answers a question with as much political bias, and provoking language as you have done. I highly doubt you have any right to call me a troll.

Best Answer

That you would blame the previous president for the actions of the sitting president is foolish. Did you blame Clinton for not pursuing Bin Laden when he had the chance? I'm just calling your BS. Because all the signs were there. Our govt knew Bin Laden was dangerous before Bush EVER went after him. So don't blame Bush for doing what he could to finish a job that he should never have inherited. Smh. Your hypocrisy is ridiculous.

Best Answer

So your argument for not blaming a past president is blaming a past president? And you call me hypocritical?

Best Answer

I'm saying you're foolish for blaming Bush for Obama's actions and gave you an example why. You're a troll because you just want to argue. Have a nice day anyway.

Best Answer

Alright, have a nice day.

Best Answer

It isn't .... it has been going on since around 2000 or so .... who was in office THEN ... ?

Best Answer

Because Republicans have short memories, but also because people who believed in Obama's ideals felt he would do something to end it instead of agreeing with it.

Best Answer

That last. Both parties are giving us a total surveillance state. This is very bad.

Best Answer

But we EXPECTED it from the Republicans

Best Answer

Just exactly what ideals did Obama have that we knew were real before he was elected president? He abstained on voting on so many measures as an IL senator there was no real way to know what he truly believed in. That's why I never voted for him to begin with. Now that he shows his true colors people are surprised? Smh.

Best Answer

sky12345 is an Obama apologist troll.

Best Answer

Well a troll is a person who tries to provoke people, so I guess you are a troll as well being that you completely ignored the question to attack me personally. If your slate is clean then you can speak, but if your then please me alone!

Best Answer

In this case, shite runs up hill. He's the man at the top and was in the know from the very start. If he were a real leader, rather than a follower, he could have put a stop to it.

Best Answer

Because President Obama has extended those orders over and over since Bush left office, all the while keeping it secret from the American public.

Best Answer

He didn't put the brakes on it....

Best Answer

Neither did a lot of other people. Can they share the blame as well?

Best Answer

But should the leader of the country do as he promise and lead the charge? Or at least talk about it?

Best Answer

And yes here also they be enough blame to go around.

Best Answer

Yeah well this NSA thing is permitted by a law already implemented before Obama came into office.

Best Answer

But it gets blessed every so often... AND laws can be made to change!

Best Answer

Not when you have a republican majority in Congress, and the Supreme Court.

Best Answer

No - we just have a Senator who is playing President and does not know how to be a negotiator or how to be a statesman.

Best Answer

Republican Congressmen have been dragging their feet ever since Obama took office. It wasn't like they were determined to work things out, and try as hard as they could to be bipartisan. They have gone out of their way time, and time again to disagree with the president. Even when it came to an issue they supported.

Best Answer

Yep - you are so right. Obama does not know how to negotiate or kick a$$ and get them to do something - 4 year lame duck congress of do nothing wanna bozos... ALL of them. Well lost our Representative as he didn't want to go back and be part of the do nothing crowd. As said before - they be enough blame for EVERYone!!!!

Best Answer

What many fail to realize is that a President in the USA is NOT a dictator where he can just make a demand and automatically a change is made ... or something is done ....
That is why we have the THREE levels of our government .. checks and balances ..... like where were some of these veteran congressmen and women / and senators during all this time doing nothing .... ?
The truth is that our world is actually ran by a group called the Bilderberg Group ... the most powerful of the powerful are the ones who meet once a year and decide what will happen for most of the world ... the New World Order has been here ... However; Most people refuse to acknowledge it and are in denial ....

Best Answer

He's allowing it to go forward, promoting it.<br />
...It ought to be unconstitutional, IMO.

Best Answer

It is. But I don't think that putting the full weight of blame on him is really fair, or correct.

Best Answer

No... TBH I think this is what sort of government we're now living under:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crony_capitalism

Best Answer

He defends it and permits it.

Best Answer

Well I have as I said earlier been out of the loop. Can you give me a link to the video where he says he fully supports it?

Best Answer

He's the PRESIDENT. And he supports it by publicly discussing how great it is.

Best Answer

So you're point is that because he has said some good things about it, and that he is president means it is all his fault? What about the person that implemented the law that allows this?

Best Answer

Doesn't he have the final say ? And I'm sure if he hated something enough he could do something about it..you don't see him cracking down on marijuana, but he's fine letting his government be unconstitutional. So yes I agree that he isn't the only one to blame..but I think he could/ should do more.

Best Answer

I don't think anyone's disputing that. My only problem is when something bad happens, it's automatically Obama's fault. Even when we have very little info on the issue, and we only have the details released by the media.

Best Answer

Since you are so fascinated by this topic, you should go to reddit.com and there's all this stuff about the NSA. Some is funny and some is informative.

Best Answer

Thanks, will do.

Best Answer

I clicked into the reddit link, it looks at first glance, just different peoples views on life.

Best Answer