For the past year we've only rarely spoken on Facebook through comments and now out of the blue we've been playing games on there and chatting in the game multiple times a day. She hasn't said anything and I don't want to make things awkward, but I never really lost interest and certain feelings are starting to come back.
Army0917 Army0917 31-35, M 8 Answers Mar 30, 2012

It's very likely. People (not just women) have a much easier time "liking" someone when the relationship isn't too close. That old adage that says, "Familiarity breeds contempt" is very true. It's just easier to be attracted to someone who isn't close enough to make you vulnerable. <br />
Also, I've seen with almost every single one of my ex's, they will come back around (almost annually) after they've had a recent breakup and are going through a bout of loneliness as a result. Their minds go back to the last person who made them feel loved, attractive, respected, etc, and then they're knocking down my door again trying to rekindle an old flame. <br />
Thing is, I've learned that neither of these types of come-backs generally end well. There's a reason why most relationships don't pan out. Some people will come back and tickle your heart strings just to test the waters and see if they've "still got it". They have no real intention of developing a meaningful relationship again -- usually, they just want to feel wanted.<br />
In the rare case that you've both had a long while apart and have grown up and matured quite a bit, then maybe there's a chance because time can make us all totally different people, but that requires a lot of time usually. Anyone who comes back to you saying they've changed .. usually hasn't.

Best Answer

Well, nothing has happened yet. At this point it's just friendly conversation and if she's feeling anything she hasn't hinted at it yet. It might be to early to tell, but all I know is what's going on with me, and as I said, I don't want to make things awkward if at all possible.

Best Answer

Yep, I understand that. I would try to just take it as is then and not attempt to apply any energy in romantic direction. When someone is attracted to you, you know it without their needing to come right out and say it. But if they're not yet, you can scare them away by focusing on something romantic before they're ready for it. Either way, I wish you the best!

Best Answer

I definitely agree with that, thanks :)

Best Answer

get yourself a different girl.

Best Answer

I'm not saying that I'm persuing her, just that feelings that I did have are returning. If another girl came into the picture that I liked I wouldn't object. Pretty much I'm just trying to make sense of everything.

Best Answer

tough call. i would just keep doing what you are already doing. maybe something will come of avoiding those temptations/ feelings. breathe. =)

Best Answer

Maybe. We'll see how all this plays out. I'll be sure to remember to breathe :)

Best Answer

Very likely. Of course it is key to remember why the relationship did not last in the first place. From the way it sounds, it sounds like SHE called it off. If that is the case I would say tread very carefully and take things slowly so that you don't end up with a broken heart. Even if you two do end up dating again, if she is the one who broke it off the first time, have your eyes and ears open to make sure that her feelings really have changed, or that SHE really has changed and really wants to make it work this time.

Best Answer

Thanks, right now we are just talking, but if it does get to that point I'll be sure to keep that in mind.

Best Answer

Very, especially if she knows you're getting friendly with other girls.

Best Answer

If she thought that it might be a stretch, but in the end it's all about how someone perceives something.

Best Answer

Very wise words

Best Answer

It really depends on why you broke up. She could still have romantic feelings or she could just want to be your friend. I have exes that I'm still friends with and the relationship ended because I didn't see them in the way they saw me. We're really good friends and I can tell they still want me but we keep it friendly, they've moved on and so have I. Then I have a few exes where if I were single I'd probably take them back or definitely have a fling..lol

Best Answer

She claimed it was due to not feeling a connection, but I thought it was kind of weird as things seemed to be going pretty good.

Best Answer

I think you should move on if she hasn't made any attempts to get back with you. If that's your real picture you are certainly a good looking guy and if you get off Facebook and get out I bet you'll find a real girl..lol If you want to be brave ask her how she feels about you. If she says she doesn't see you that way slowly cut ties.

Best Answer

Yes, that's my real picture, thanks :) I try to get out. I'm getting involved in extra curricular college activities at my school, doing more things with peers at church, etc and I've been doing these for a while now. But so far nothing has been working out, so that might be a reason why I'm reacting the way I am to this...

Best Answer

sounds like it to me

Best Answer