I'm 17 and this 18 year old guy I know has told me a lot that he loves me, and even though we're not together we're trying to work it out. He's told me about a violent history (not against women though) but he has been in gangs and used to have a really strong temper, but has had experiences that have changed him and his life and caused him to find God, and he's sweet and respects the women in his life. Although he said his temper is a lot better and it takes something really serious to make him angry, a few weeks ago we were texting and I said something that made him have a 'burst of rage' which I really wasn't expecting. But he calmed down about 20 mins later, said he loved me too much for all this bull to start coming out now and apologised, saying he shouldn't have reacted in that way. There have been a couple of times when he wanted to hurt people he had big issues with, but I helped to stop him from doing so. So, I was wondering, can formally violent people really change?
RomanceGirly RomanceGirly 16-17, F 6 Answers Dec 2, 2012 in Dating & Relationships

Your weakness is your attraction to him. The closer you get with each other the more comfortable he will be displaying his anger. By that time it may be too late for you to escape his anger. Now, it's not too late. Leave him, before you get hurt more than emotionally.

Best Answer

Do you want too be there when his 'Burst of Rage' happens?

Best Answer

Seems like he's already changed. I think he'll be fine.

Best Answer