I think it will cave first,

Best Answer

Let's hope before it crumbles

Best Answer

Never, considering that it goes against Doctrine.

Best Answer

Many things have gone against doctrine and have evolved over time

Best Answer

No, they haven't. Can you offer an example of this (remember that in the Catholic Church, there is a clear difference between doctrine and discipline, the former of which cannot be changed.)?

Best Answer

I don't think it will happen in my lifetime...they seem to busy fussing with the wording on things like the Profession of Faith to REALLY talk about what needs changing. (Yes, non-practicing Catholic here too.)

Best Answer

They reworded a great deal of the Mass- the old timers stick to the old wording; many of us try to follow with the new "cheat sheet" provided. It sounds like a cacophony of echoed gibberish and in the beginning even the priests were stumbling and pausing for inordinately long stretches of time. The reasoning was allegedly to bring the Mass closed to its Roman roots. I don’t understand why that was deemed necessary or even desirable. It feels unfamiliar and strained. But not peculiar enough to keep me away.

Best Answer

Yes...very peculiar and strange....and unnecessary in my opinion when you consider the many, many issues that need consideration in The Church.

Best Answer

If Pope Joan didn't allow female priests when she was pope, I can't see a male ever allowing it, well not for ages...

Best Answer

One theory behimd that is that she didn't want her cover blown- only one old priest from the monestary she was raised in knew about her, right?

Best Answer

I believe after this, they used a special chair with a hole in so the popes nuts could be witnessed

Best Answer

Whether true or not, that is FKKKn hilarious

Best Answer

I think the next step would be women deacons which were noted in the NT. And for those who thinks the Catholic Church will crumble...it won't.

Best Answer

Baby step, my Padre` says. He also tells me to pray he's right

Best Answer

I don't see it happening in this lifetime..I think they'd sooner let the church crumble than give up the male hegemony

Best Answer

They said that about the Latin Mass- Rome refused to let go of the power and control of a Mass no on ecould understand- even confessions were done in a language the Penitent could not understand

Best Answer

I think this is different....It's not like most of the world is run by women. Where's this pressure going to come from? all the powerful catholics are men.

Best Answer

The Mormons had a sudden revelation from God that they needed to allow Blacks to do more than shine their shoes just before Congress outlawed racial discrimination. I suspect that the Pope will have a sudden revelation just before Congress outlaws ... Oh. Sorry council. The Supreme Court is mostly Catholic and has already ruled that churches can discriminate on the basis of gender. <br />
Long after I'm dead?

Best Answer

The Church was dealt a blow concerning birth control. It's institutions which offer health insurance must include birth control which is against church teachings- The pope doesn't have everyone in his robe pockets

Best Answer

Nice to hear.

Best Answer

When Jesus finds his long lost sister.

Best Answer

You mean Ruby?

Best Answer

Dan Brown fan?

Best Answer

No time soon. Maybe when they allow priests to marry.

Best Answer

That has to happen- there is just no reason to exclude family men; especially when priests are expected to do marriage counselling

Best Answer

That's moving backwards--priest were allowed to marry in the early church

Best Answer

That is so right. Father James is a smart guy but when it comes to marriage he has no clue. But he trys.

Best Answer

In this case regression would be progress.

Best Answer

sooooon

Best Answer

I wish- I think they threw us a bone with Ecumenical ministers

Best Answer

i did!

Best Answer

Well, I'm not worshipping at the Church of Myephaunts any time soon

Best Answer

if they want followers they are going to need to change with the times... a religion that puts so much into ritual and tradition will have a hard time with that

Best Answer

This is what I'm sayin'

Best Answer

how long until they "allow" hetero sex?

Best Answer

I totally ignore that $#!t- In fact I'm technically excommunicated- only civilly married to Mr. B- My baby's a B*astard- I follow Jesus' say on stuff- I use the Church as a vehicle b/c that's what I'm most familiar with

Best Answer

I think I would have liked this question better if you had stopped at the word "caves".

Best Answer

Not everyone's cup of tea

Best Answer

They are in the cave right now and that may happen if they drink too much wine.

Best Answer

Bigger problem than is acknowledged

Best Answer