Bluebyu Bluebyu 46-50, F 10 Answers Dec 31, 2010

Call the Division of Labor Standards , they will help you. Also google ' Bounced Paychecks'. Many legal sites come up & offer alot of information.I was surprised at what I read.

Best Answer

I don't know I worked at a kmart here and the checks bounced for a month and payroll at the store had to give us money then it went bankrupt so I'd leave if I could and get another job better to be safe than sorry

Best Answer

They can't.

Best Answer

It depends on the State you work in. It also depends on your Work Status, Hourly, Non-Exempt, or Exempt? If you are an Hourly employee, the employer, must pay you for the hours you work. Most overtime laws only cover you when you work over 40 hours, and some states, 44 hours. Exempt Employee, are exempt from Overtime Rules. Non-exempt employees must be paid for overtime hours after 40 or 44 hours, just as hourly employees. Overtime pay doesn't mean, you get overtime pay after 8 hours.... the laws usually apply to Weekly hours. But, no employer can make you work longer then 12 hours per day, 16 hours in some states. Truck Drivers can be made to work, 15 hours per day, but they cannot drive more than 10 hours per day......... But, that's a farce because it means The actual miles they drive could have driven at the speed limit. So some drivers must drive for 20 or more hours per day, to get their limit of miles/hours to match.<br />
Do you have a specific situation, in mind?

Best Answer

Payroll checks keep bouncing and owner lies about when the funds are going to be there

Best Answer

in this state, it is two payment periods.. for weekly paid people, it is two weeks.<br />
talk to labor board. call the unemployment department, they will direct you to the right person.

Best Answer

Odd question! Why would you work w/o pay unless it's volunteer or internship?<br />
If no pay, then you don't need to work.<br />
Just sit there and drink all their coffee or something.

Best Answer

Last week's payroll check came back with insufficient funds and this week's isn't looking any better. If I quit under these circumstances, couldn't I lose unemployment benefits.

Best Answer

unless you're an intern, they can keep working you for 0 seconds.

Best Answer

If they are not paying you,you do not work.

Best Answer