UnderEli UnderEli 41-45, M 21 Answers Oct 10, 2012 in Empowerment

im 21 but my mom doesn't let me take decissions alone. its depressing sometimes but i guess im out of responsiblties due to that. its only in the work aspect she say that i have to do house chores as an adult. feel like my life is out of my control, so i've never felt like an adult i doubt whether i will.

Best Answer

Don't be too hard on yourself. I expect the duties of adulthood are not too far off. I wouldn't recommend taking them all on at once. Give it time.

Best Answer

yaa.thanx

Best Answer

when my boss handed me my salary

Best Answer

That's a big change, all right.

Best Answer

35 years. I'm 34 now. Here's to hoping.

Best Answer

....still waiting for that epiphany at age 60....working on my second childhood presently...

Best Answer

No hurry, friend. If you never reach that stage you can consider yourself lucky.

Best Answer

When my daughter Serenity was born, i felt it was time to grow up, and stop all the childish games & be a father to my little girl.

Best Answer

I remember that milestone too. It sure makes a difference when you're responsible for a precious baby.

Best Answer

Yeah it does. Total difference.

Best Answer

Yeah huge difference !

Best Answer

I am 22 and I have come along way and matured A lot, left home at 17 and all that but I still feel like I have a long way to go till I actually feel like an adult

Best Answer

No hurry. Do whatever feels right, regardless of how old it makes you feel.

Best Answer

First when I was married at 22 and then really when I had my son at 25.<br />
But my Mom died when I was pretty young .. so I had to act like an adult in a lot of ways helping to raise my sister.

Best Answer

I'm sorry about your mother's passing, especially at an early age. As an older child I stepped up to the plate, too, helping with my younger brother. He turned into a rebel, though, so it didn't last too long.

Best Answer

Thanks! Sorry about your loss too UnderEli. My younger sister was a rebel too .. we were never close until we were older.

Best Answer

I wish we'd been closer. He started hanging out with older guys, whom I doubt had a good influence on him. He started abusing alcohol and drugs, too, although I never knew until well after the fact. He lives on the other side of the country now, and I miss him. But it's his choice, you know? We're both in our 40s now. Thanks for your reply.

Best Answer

At 16, after making my mother's funeral arrangements and giving her eulogy.

Best Answer

Thanks

Best Answer

I agree. I'm so sorry for you loss at such a young age. What you took on was a huge responsibility. I'm sure it took a lot of courage, too, considering how broken-up you must have felt?

Best Answer

I didn't have the luxury of feeling until a long time afterward. I had two younger sisters that needed someone there who was sane. Twenty years have passed since then, it was an important lesson.

Best Answer

Thanks for sharing. I wish you all the best.

Best Answer

When I got my first payslip. Or when I moved into my first home

Best Answer

Both are very big moments, all right.

Best Answer

childbirth.......more of a ..........Omg! what have i done?!

Best Answer

That's an enormous change, all right. I know you're not alone in feeling that way, either. I attended pre-natal classes when my wife was expecting. I think all first-time parents were feeling overwhelmed about what they were doing.

Best Answer

The dynamic transformation from childhood to adulthood, happens from 10-21. Progress differs, depending on your culture etc. But thats the AVERAGE.

Best Answer

When my Dad died 5 years ago. I was 33.

Best Answer

I'm sorry for your loss. Losing family, especially a parent, can be very hard. It's one of those very clear indicators that time stops for no one. I wish you all the best.

Best Answer

Thank you for your kind words.

Best Answer

Honest to god, I'm 27 and still don't feel like an adult. :S

Best Answer

Don't feel bad. There's no time frame for feeling like an adult. It just happens when it happens.

Best Answer