kaylatheaquarian kaylatheaquarian 18-21, F 10 Answers Feb 10 in Parenting & Family

Forgive right away. This doesn't let him off the hook, but it will give your heart and head freedom. However, never forget. Forgiving is for your sake, so you can move forward...it is not about pretending things didn't happen...it is about moving forward. But, never, ever forget!

Best Answer

I forgive him right away even if he didn't apologize.. Because holding grudge never be good at all..

Best Answer

hmm....my 16th year was probably his worst drinking year so i'd say about 5/6 years after that so around the time i was 22...*nods* yeh...good luck!...If he does seem to be makin a little progress its ok to give a little leaway toward him

Best Answer

About two days after he died. Alcoholism is a disease after all, and I needed to move on with my life.

Best Answer

I personally never got the opportunity. Or should I say I didn't take the time to before he passed away. My step dad raised me since I was 2 yrs old. I believe alcoholism is a disease. I forgave him for the abuse and struggles he put my mom and my brothers and I through, I just never told him. Every individual is different, I just wish I would have taken a few minutes to tell him before he was gone.

Best Answer

until you actually mean it, I think.

Best Answer

I never held it against him at all. I only saw the guy about 4 times in my life, I was more resentful towards my step father who didn't drink at all.

Best Answer

what did your step father do?

Best Answer

He was physically brutal sometimes.

Best Answer