I loved him unbelievably much. I was daddy's little girl. I miss him, I know I do, and I cry sometimes. But for example, when i was called to the hospital, i saw him laying in the bed dead, my sister and mother tears in their eyes. I was sad but fine, I assumed i was in shock. I signed the death certificate, i called everyone that needed to be notified.
CrazyHappySad CrazyHappySad 22-25, F 13 Answers May 27, 2012

There is a significant difference between holding it together to get the business of a death done and out of the way and grieving. You did what needed to be done while those close to you were not able to. That is admirable, but sometimes mistaken for coldness of heart. Don't let anyone tell you that.

Normal does not matter for a given individual. You will find your way through your grief. And if you have little, then that is how you are. No need enhance the old grief or add a new level.

Best Answer

many years have passed, and I still have days that I miss him with ever fiber in me, part of me died with him, I will love, mourn and long for him till the day I die....

Best Answer

It's always different for each of us. I have two sisters and the three of us have taken my mother's death 8 months ago differently. My younger sister was completely devastated, I have grieved on and off and my older sister seemed to be without much emotion at the time. Some people process things differently and some people have trouble being in touch with their feelings. Talking with a close family friend, a pastor or a counselor can be a big help.

Best Answer

when my dad died i saw him in the funeral place before the actual funeral and my sissy and ma were crying but i was not. at the funeral i was the only one there who did not cry even the person that didnt even liked him showed up and also cried. if u dont cry it doesnt mean u dont care or ur done grieving everyone has different stages of grief

Best Answer

You are the salt of the earth,the one who takes on the necessary tasks and soldiers on. Do not be too hung up on labels,not only are people different in their grief,but your Dad would be proud,really.

Best Answer

my mum died 20 years ago I still miss her and think of her everyday..The tears and the painful sadness are gone but I'll never get over it ..There will always be something missing in my life

Best Answer

Depends on who it is. I lost someone extremely dear to me 25 years ago, and I still grieve. There are others I've lost I've been able to let go of within weeks. This one I've just lost....It's going to be a while before I let him go, I'm afraid.

Best Answer

It depends on the closeness of the person and the degree of your grieving. If you are able to function fully and are just sad, that is nothing to worry over.

If you are not able to go to work or school and it has been 2 weeks then there is a problem.

You have to continue your life and the grieving cannot hinder your ability to do that.

Best Answer

my functionality didn't skip a beat, that's what made it so weird. I just took it in stride...

Best Answer

everyone is different and the individuals healing and grieving time is different, you take how ever long you need and what ever it takes.

Best Answer

Very wierd. Are you sure you loved them?

Best Answer

I did, he was my daddy. I have cried some over him, but sometimes i wonder if my grief was enough or normal enough.

Best Answer