We waited in the doctors office for two and a half hours. My husband has white coat syndrome for blood pressure and it was sky high by the time he got in there. He also has anxiety bad, and the tv above him was shouting about a massacre in NY for two hours. What a terrible ordeal. OMG> Doc did nothing for him.
Shellfinder Shellfinder 56-60, F 7 Answers Apr 7, 2009

I have learned the tricks of the trade--I call the day before to confirm the appointment with a receptionist at that doctor's office; I get her name and write down the time I phoned. The next day, I call again, two hours before the appointment time to SPECIFICALLY ask, "IS THE DOCTOR RUNNING ON TIME THIS MORNING?" There have been times they have said he is behind, come in 30 minutes later than the scheduled time we gave you. Other times, I have been told, yes, the doctor is running on time "right now..." to which I kindly ask for them to call me if that changes. They have called me and set my appointment back. <br />
I just let them know, I cannot sit in a waiting room and wait; I understand a doctor can get behind schedule, I just ask them to notify me if will be affecting my appointment time by more than 10-15 minutes. Remember, you are the customer! Time is money, not just for the doctor, but for everyone! Good Luck!

Best Answer

The Managed Care approached practiced in the States is predicated on the idea that you stay in the waiting room until you are all better.

Best Answer

Sometimes I too think it is abig joke the way we have to wait to be seen and they are so behind,it's like we are a hunk of meat on a assembly line next please!We are in and out in 15min and the bill is 109.00 for the visit!<br />
I was reading one time in readers dijest that a man walked out after2 hrs and sent them a bill for lost wages,The doctors office paid it!

Best Answer

my last pre-natal doc was thorough and did a good job--told me what i needed to know, etc--but always crammed into a very short visit! i always said im fine unless something major felt wrong. id sit on the exam-table all-casual, like w/ my legs folded up in front of me, after check-up, so proud i was limber enough deep into my pregnancy to do so. he never batted an eye about it, just kept appt moving. i guess i wanted to savor every experience of preg including dr visits--but he was super-speedy. efficient tho.

Best Answer

Last visit I made to my doctor it took 4 hours to see him. <br />
He doesn't do much for me either, seems they care less and less about us and more and more about insurance.

Best Answer

I have a family doctor.It usually takes 10 minutes to the most for us to get in to see him.<br />
But the hospital is another story..<br />
4 hours?

Best Answer