Debatable Debatable 18-21, F 6 Answers Mar 19 in Dating & Relationships

5 yrs at least... and there needs to be several real things to have dealt with, tragedies where the person showed themselves to be a real friend and not a friend in words only... that takes time and for things to happen in life...<br />
you're young, but just wait, death, divorce, affairs, children who die, getting fired, miscarriages and on and on...<br />
you'll find out who your freinds are in time... they are NOT always who you think they are...

Best Answer

I completely agree, with time the amount of friends just seem to drop.

Best Answer

No need to question that. Obviously a relationship of just a week is not like 10 years. But what is real? 5 years, 40 years?<br />
A "real" relationship is one where both people communicate. And argue and sometimes they might be very frustrated. But they always try their best to work at something they believe in. Relationships are not always 50/50 either.

Best Answer

It's not a matter of time, it's a matter of trust and commitment.

Best Answer

You wouldn't agree that both time and trust and commitment play a role together interconnecting with one another?

Best Answer

I agree that time does play a factor, since trust grows stronger overtime, but I don't believe there's a certain amount of time, or a time limit for a relationship to be considered "real." I've been with my other for for a little over a year and I know for fact (according to me) that it's as real as can be. People stay together based off of trust, commitment, loyalty, faith, ext. There isn't a real way to place time into that, since it can be a few weeks, a few years. It depends on the people. Time is just a concept.

Best Answer

i don't think that's a question of time

Best Answer

Then how long is a long-term relationship?

Best Answer

long-term doesn't describe a duration, it means that the relationship is meant to last forever.

Best Answer

So you believe that a 8 year relationship is not a long term relationship? Or are you saying that it is only long term relationship after marriage?

Best Answer

no, i'm not saying that. i said that a long-term relationship is something that's meant to be long or even forever. doesn't matter if it's 4,5,6,7... or more years. it's about being long, no matter how long, but at least as long as possible.

Best Answer

till both of them die without getting into another one :D

Best Answer

Can you be more specific?

Best Answer

11 years

Best Answer

11 years and then get married?

Best Answer