Learning on acoustic.
Xenasdreams Xenasdreams 22-25, F 8 Answers Dec 24, 2012 in Community

Learn the fretboard backwards and forwards. There's a few online vids that make it a little easier.

Best Answer

I will defiantly... Would you recommend a site I can check out for that?

Best Answer

www.guitarhabits.com/learn-the-guitar-fingerboard-thoroughly-in-16-days
This worked for me. Be prepared to spend up to 45 minutes a day. Good luck.

Best Answer

Oh very cool, will be checking that out. Thank you again, will love every hour learning.

Best Answer

Simple to learn , just don't stop learning , playing , and practicing . Rock on , man

Best Answer

I won't stop. Thank you!

Best Answer

depends on the note. A ,C, D, E7 & G aren't too hard. But B & F take more practice in my experience

Best Answer

Thank you, it's seeming so...

Best Answer

I always say learn on a nylon string guitar before you graduate to a steel string because it will go easier on your fingertips but major chord will come easy to you with the F and B being the only hard ones.

Best Answer

Thank you for your advice, much appreciated!

Best Answer

Depends on how far you want to take it. Anywhere from a few days to a lifetime.

Best Answer

Thank you, you're right about that.

Best Answer

If you mean learning the names of the notes on each fret, it took me about 3 weeks when I started playing (but I worked pretty hard at it). If you mean what you can do with them all, I dunno... I'm 40+ years into it, and I still learn something new just about every day.

Best Answer