Zebzz Zebzz 51-55, M 19 Answers Jan 9, 2013 in Food

I prefer my eggs soft boiled...so five minutes does the trick.

Best Answer

Now you have got me craving a boiled egg on toast with fresh sliced tomatoes !!!!

Best Answer

According to information recently provided it can take anywhere between 4 minutes and a year, can you wait ?

Best Answer

LOL, no eggs in the damn house, curse you I say :P

Best Answer

I've got plenty of wine though :-P

Best Answer

My I be the first to call you a jammy b@stard today Sir : P
Hope the damn wine is corked haha, bet it is screw top anyway haha.

Best Answer

Medium, Soft-cooked yolk, 3 minutes. Medium-cooked yolk, 5 minutes. Hard-cooked yolk, 12 minutes - Google told me. :)

Best Answer

Consider yourself disqualified for using such a thing ;-)

Best Answer

I am qualified enough to Google - the actual cooking of such things may prove to be too complicated for me :)

Best Answer

It's beyond me too. I think I'll stick to daube of beef with colcannon, wild mushrooms, gratin dauphinoise potatoes and dulse laverbread.

Best Answer

I'll stick with pot noodles ;-)

Best Answer

I take it youve very recently become single?

Best Answer

No I just like asking stupid questions to see other peoples perception of my limited knowledge. (ps. about 5 years now)

Best Answer

one year

Best Answer

Can you get them already done I dont have that much time stand about waiting?

Best Answer

depends on the temperature of the water and the heat source!

Best Answer

Could you give me some suggestion?

Best Answer

Ostrich eggs take about 60 minutes.

Best Answer

20 MINUTES!

Best Answer

I start with cold water, 3 eggs, medium-sized pan, high heat. 20 minutes. Rinse in cold water so the shell doesn't stick.<br />
I'll have to try that simmer thing!

Best Answer

But I only want one egg.

Best Answer

I think it would be the same time, but a smaller pan would make the water boil faster. I should have added I live at a high altitude and it takes awhile for water to boil. In any case, I would say the egg needs to cook 8-10 minutes, after the water is boiling.

Best Answer

Do you think the hard or softness of the water could have any bearing on the time required? Also do you think a 6 inch diameter pan with approximately 2 pints of previously boiled water would achieve the optimum results. Also I didn't mention the eggs are free range.

Best Answer

I don't think any of that matters. I use a 6" pan for 3 eggs. I figure I'm going to use the same amount of gas to boil one egg, I might as well boil 3. Twenty minutes, starting with cold water, is a round time, something I can remember. I've heard if you drop a cold egg into boiling water it can explode. Others here don't seem to have that problem.

Best Answer

Oh, and the water in the pan should completely cover the eggs.

Best Answer

2 seconds in zero gravity

Best Answer

Depends upon how big an egg & how runny you like the yolk. For me it's 5 mins for a 'large' UK size, firm-white/runny-yolk, as long as the egg's not straight out the fridge (or it'll crack) & water must be boiling, from immersion to extraction!

Best Answer

zero seconds, since my mom does it

Best Answer

depends on the pressure and your taste in eggs. Boil sets the temperature to a constant so that's a given (assuming you won't cheat on using another medium than water)

Best Answer

I'm surprised you could be bothered to answer this question lol

Best Answer