It varies. I hope you are trying non-pharmacy approaches, too.

Best Answer

I would encourage you to try marijuana. I use to cut myself aswell... they said I was bi polar plus eating disorders, anxiety or anger or something... I was on several different medications when I was a Teen. Since becoming a pot head I am Much happier and level headed. No Rx pills and side effects for me. BTW I love your icon it is adorable!

Best Answer

For me I was lucky within three weeks on the first med they gave me it started to work. My sister had to try several before they found the right one for her. They helped me get through my divorce and now they are slowly taking me off of them.

Best Answer

Ages! Most typical antidepressants have a delayed onset of action (2–6 weeks) so make sure you are taking them consistently or you will think non of them are working. Get them to give you Lithium.

Best Answer

In all honesty you could strike it lucky first time,or it could take several changes before the Doctor's hit on the right medication.Thankfully I am recovered and off all meds however I have been there and understand what you are going through,depression is something most people do not have an inkling about how devistating it really is.<br />
I wish you a speedy recovery,I mean that with sincerity.Good Luck !<br />
If ever you need someone to talk to I am here.

Best Answer

IT MY PSYCH. ABOUT THREE YEARS TO GET IT JUST RIGHT!!

Best Answer

DON'T GIVE UP

Best Answer