My brother got divorced one weekend & had a new girlfriend the next weekend. I don't think he is really over her & he has not worked on his issues with the failed relationship. I think he is just looking for a mom for the kids & is moving way to fast. I feel really bad for the kids & think they are the ones that will get hurt.
beyourself789 beyourself789 31-35, F 16 Answers Mar 24, 2012

Everybody is different. I was with my husband for a total of 23 years(including dating). It was pretty much instantaneous for me- he was an abusive jerk and the day my divorce was final, I was ready to find someone who actually appreciates me. I didn't do it right then of course, but I'm just saying I didn't shed any tears over him.

Best Answer

about a year

Best Answer

Just getting through a divorce and my therapist says 6 months to be okay with the divorce itself and about 3 years to get over being bitter (since I was the one left/cheated on).

Best Answer

I have found that women can't be alone...they have to be in a relationship...men on the other hand can be perfectly fine w/o a gf...however after a time, men will desire the touch of a female and will most likely fall into another bad relationship just to get sex....Women need love and security, men need sex and respect....

Best Answer

i've heard 3 years. i;m currently ending a 20+ year relationship. Hope that's all the time it takes. It's pretty hard

Best Answer

I heard it was half the time the relationship lasted... Not true, but its about the person, you need to just let go I guess. Or forget almost everything like me

Best Answer

I was told the rule of thumb is 2 months of grieving per one year of relationship

Best Answer

depends how badly it failed, and with how much violence

Best Answer

and i don't necessarily mean physical violence

Best Answer

and people who instantly replace a partner usually only defer their grief

Best Answer

This is one of the subjective things. It's vary from one person to another, depends on the things around and in them too. And I think you brother need a distraction. Give him some time to settle down. Then, try to talk to him~

Best Answer

That all depends upon the person. YOU... If you let it bother you then it will be a long time.<br />
If you don't let it bother you then you will be fine soon.<br />
Just tell yourself that you are better off with out the jerk and that it could be worse if you had stayed together!

Best Answer

I would offer that it depends on how much you loved the other person. The more you loved them, the longer it takes (if ever).

Best Answer

It can take months to years to get over a relationship.

Best Answer