Leighandra Leighandra 18-21, F 6 Answers Sep 27, 2012 in Broken Hearts & Betrayal

I am about a month in and totally miserable. I can't eat, sleep, drink, work, play, NOTHING works! I hope it dies down soon but it's still raging full throttle.

Best Answer

exactly. same here. im two months in :(

Best Answer

So sorry! It is hell!

Best Answer

try writing a letter- say everything you want to say, however you want to say it- BUT DON'T SEND IT. then write a reply to yourself, ba<x>sed on what you think they would say. Keep doing that until there is nothing more to say and then you will feel better. You will have vented your feelings, hurt no one, bored no friends and still managed to tell the person how you feel and get a response, with no harm done! <br />
remember to burn the letters when you're done! It work with bereavment too, where things have been left unsaid.

Best Answer

Enough time. There isn't any hard and fast rule. Give yourself time to cry, be angry, whatever you need to do. <br />
Then make a decision to move on.<br />
You'll have memory flashbacks but it's ok, lots of people react that way.

Best Answer

I don't think it's possible to just stop caring.

Best Answer

thats what i was afraid of..

Best Answer

Yep. My first was about 3 - 3 1/2 years ago and I still know I care about him. There's no way around it, only ways of dealing and coping..

Best Answer

what are some on the ways you deal with it...like get it off your mind for awhile. cuz im always thinking about it...

Best Answer

At first friends were a major part of my life. And honestly I used a lot of alcohol and drugs back then, so my ways were definitely not something I'd recommend.
I cried, a whole lot when I was in a sober state of mind. I vented to those who were willing to listen and I even got angry and caused a couple fights. Once my sadness and anger started to subside, I met the man I am still with today, 2 1/2 years later! People usually say rebounding is what helps a lot of those, but for me, it was finding a steady man who filled that void that I felt in my heart. I no longer drink or do drugs and for the most part my anger is gone... I guess it just depends on who you are for what works for you. Alls I really can say is don't do rebounds or sleep around, you'll regret it later :/ Maybe find some sort of hobby that keeps your mind busy. Or spend a lot of time with a buddy.

Best Answer

It takes time to get over a heartbreak. It depends on how much you have loved that person....<br />
but what you can do is try to get yourself and your thoughts involved on something else.<br />
On something you truly enjoy.<br />
Anything is posible if you have control over your thoughts. :)

Best Answer

thank you

Best Answer

you're welcome :p.

Best Answer

I'm not sure if you ever do. The love my life left me for someone else after 11 years together, while I had cancer. She never batted an eye, didn't care at all. I found someone new Six months later, but I still think about her a lot and how I thought I knew her. I never knew her at all. She broke my heart by betraying me so bad.

Best Answer