I got pretty lazy after having my daughter three years ago and I am unfortunately the same weight I was just after giving birth. Now that I have started exercising daily, have been drinking only tea and water (with the occasional brewsky) and have been focusing more on eating healthy, how quickly do you think I can expect to lose forty pounds? Note: I am not into diets, diet pills or anything unnatural. I am trying to make it into a healthy lifestyle that I will continue even after the weight loss.
SoulSucker SoulSucker 22-25, F 13 Answers Jan 27, 2012

hi i am a personal trainer. losing 40lbs is a considerable goal and would require numerous and consistent lifestyle changes as well as a good fitness regimen. i specialise in womens post pregnancy fat loss and core strength. if you need a more detailed account let me know. <br />
oh and its not as daunting or difficult as it sounds it just takes some commitment<br />
at a guess i would say 3-6 months but it entirely depends on your level of commitment<br />
hope this helps

Best Answer

I am looking for lifestyle changes, because I am definitely not happy with what I was doing to keep all this weight on.

Best Answer

yea of course, i can send you a basic nutririon and excersize plan if you would like just pm me and ill get some more details from you. the more you know about the things that made you gain weight not just food but your emotional triggers for eating etc the more weapons you have for the fight

Best Answer

its would take around 2 3 months ..if u will follow same routine ...but remember take lot of fruits and vegetables if possible and last but not the least "WATER". drink as much as water if possible .....

Best Answer

Yeah, that's pretty much all I drink. I was thinking 3-4 months, I'm trying to have a reasonable amount of time to get in shape. It's not so much of an body image thing as it is me trying to set an example of health for my daughter.

Best Answer

nothing u r going to get in a small span ....be patience ...i have reduced 5 pounds in 3 weeks ...but only thing i did is cut down my daily diet subtituting that with vegetables like carrot cucumber onion lemon in short term salad

Best Answer

Yeah, I am definitely not the type to expect change overnight.

Best Answer

It has taken me about a year to lose ~20 lbs. I still have 29 lbs to go to get to my goal weight. I have been losing anywhere between a 1/2 a pound to a little over a lb. per week. It's a little difficult for me to lose weight because I have PCOS and insulin resistence (different than being diabetic). I think that it depends on the person and how much effort you put into losing weight. Are you a stay at home mom or do you work? The reason that I ask is if you are at a stay at home mom, you could see if there are places or groups that have activities that you can do with your daughter...like using your daughter as a weight and lifting her up into the air. I don't have a kid, but I do have a cat. I play with her and she gets me moving in the house. It's not the same as walking a dog, but it's still some moving. I also use the gym at my university. I started out using the elliptical and then when I hit a plateau, I started using the treadmill. I use it 5x per week for an hr (not including the 5 min. cooldown). I lift weights once or twice a week for about 15 go 30 minutes. Once or twice a week, after using the treadmill, I'll get on the elliptical for 15 min. Ok, I don't always get to do that but I try to squeeze it in if my schedule allows it.

Best Answer

Sounds like a lot of great ideas. Thank you!

Best Answer

I lost 60lbs in a year and a half.

Best Answer

See, I wouldn't mind if it took a year, I just want to learn good habits along the way.

Best Answer

Also, I am extremely happy for you. Great job. :)

Best Answer

Thank u! Workout. Start easy though, like if you are watching tv, dont sit, do squats, or jumping jacks. Eat fruit and veggies! its a must! Lay off salt. :)

Best Answer

I lost 35 pounds in 3 months. You can't hurry weight loss, it is worse and is harder when you try.<br />
The only thing that does, cutting out calories and increasing activity. Hint, if you feel hungry grab a carrot, apple, banana or other fruit. If you don't want any of those, your NOT hungry, just bored or feeding an emotion or habit. Take a walk instead, drink some water, find something to fill your time with. Once you've created healthy habits you will be surprised at what your body will look like. I was!

Best Answer

Great advice! Thank you.

Best Answer

Your welcome, doing it because you want to, is half the battle. Look at your little achievements everyday, rather then the big over all goal. I used my WII a little too, because you could set weekly goals and it was a little fun stuff to enjoy.

Best Answer

Just remember that muscle weight is denser than fat, so if you exercise, you will look smaller even though you haven't lost all of the weight.

Best Answer

Health is the main goal, not just pounds. I got over my weight issue a long time ago, now I just want to teach my daughter that health is more important than anything.

Best Answer

That is the best motivation in the world; teaching your child to live well and healthy. Great. Now you can just get out there and do it.

Best Answer

I've already started gaining muscle, it's pretty awesome to see the difference even a week can make.

Best Answer

I'm not surprised. I saw a huge difference in a couple of weeks and I was 66 when I joined a gym.

Best Answer

Depends on how hard you work. don't starve your self because the more you starve the more your body hangs tighter to it's emergence stack of fat. Instead try to eat a small healthy meal every 5 hours. And exercise often. Don't expect anything magical. with persistence time and hard wok it will happen.

Best Answer

I love food too much to starve myself, but I am actually doing just what you said, smaller more frequent and healthier meals.

Best Answer

I think that if you are eating right, staying active, that you should at least give yourself as much time as it took to gain it.<br />
Check out the Primal Blueprint diet info. It is good stuff. And take the long view.

Best Answer

Unfortunately the gaining occurred during pregnancy, so it was somewhat of a slow process.

Best Answer

40Xs longer than it took fur you to put it on

Best Answer

Consider twenty of those pounds came within the last three weeks of my pregnancy...

Best Answer