ikattarri ikattarri 36-40, F 11 Answers Dec 2, 2012 in Hobbies

depends on the bank. normally a day, but the preapproval is usually only determined by a fraction of your income. Unfortunately, it's not binding relative to what the mortgage lender will give you. Whether you actually get the amount in the pre approval depends on all those other factors like credit rating, how much they want to make the loan, etc.

Best Answer

I would at least call. People are on vacation...so it may take a day or two longer. Sometimes it can actually be counter productive because it can publicize how much you can afford. But I prefer to do it.

Best Answer

I could see that being a problem. They don't want you to have the ability to drown yourself in the time frame of the mortgage. Perhaps in way of renovations.. so on.

Best Answer

Oh, yes this isn't the best time of year for the whole process is it? ugh! another headache.

Best Answer

Actually, it's not bad. There aren't many sales this time of year. The market really dies around the holidays. The only real issue you may have is that banks are holding onto their cash. You'll find it, but some institutions are still shy with the market as it is. The person above who talked about cleaning up your credit reports is right, if you have time. There's usually some garbage that can be cleared up.

Best Answer

Nah its cool. I know it will fly. :) you should await some good news soon.

Best Answer
Best Answer

if it's my decision...

perhaps immediately! *Winks* ...just how "good" are you dear :)

Best Answer

Assuming she's open minded,perhaps with me in the middle, can we DO a sandwich dear ?

Best Answer

3-5 days

Best Answer

I think it depends. Mine took about a week

Best Answer

Mine was quick. Less than a week for my answer

Best Answer

It really depends a lot on who you are and who you know.

Best Answer

We are on first name basis with the bank loan officer. :)

Best Answer