I've taken them for serious throat infections - you should notice an improvement in a couple of days,then progressively better in the days after that.

Best Answer

Thank you. I was worried the bacteria might be resistant to the keflex. I commenced it yesterday, and was expecting improvement but its far worse pain wise today and I have lost my voice. Feels pretty nasty. I'll give the keflex another couple days and see if there's improvement, if not I'll see the GP again.

Best Answer

How long have you been taking it? Are you taking any anti inflammatory?

Best Answer

2 days been taking it. No anti inflammatory.

Best Answer

The bacteria (if indeed it is bacteria) may be immune to it.
Might need a different antibiotic, but give it another day.

Best Answer

Starting to bring up large chunky lumps of mucous containing blood, either from my throat but more likely sinuses. I assume this means the keflex is starting to clear out the infection. I am a bit alarmed by this, but rationalising it. Bloods not from my lungs (no cough) and with any external infection, there is blood, so I take it internal must be the same.

Best Answer

that's from your throat. ask someone to shine a light down your throat. if it is a bacterial infection (sounds like it) they should be able to see white dots (bacteria colonies) and perhaps even tiny blood spots.

Best Answer

Thank you heaps :) That makes me feel relieved, the bloody mucous was scaring the life out of me.

Best Answer

no problem :) my kids been through that

Best Answer

Yeah, until now I was a throat infection virgin lol. So your reassurance was extremely helpful in easing my nerves.

Best Answer

really? strep throat affects most people like once a year on average.

Best Answer

It's working now

Best Answer