Mines going for 8 months

Best Answer

i hope you consider what dmorello said very carefully. if he goes to afghanistan or iraq or any other theater of combat, you won't see him for a year. cheating and divorce run rampant in all branches of the military.

Best Answer

Well the cheating wont be done by me, and if he wants to treat me like a joke, i'll leave him likes it's funny. (Y)

Best Answer

it takes a lot to make it work, but it can be done. best of luck to you both and give him a thanks for serving his country.

Best Answer

thanks and i will. :)

Best Answer

Almost 60 days.

Best Answer

depends on his MOS. 03XX goes from 30-60 days. More info: http://www.marines.mil/unit/tecom/soiwest/Pages/StudentCheckIn.aspx

Best Answer

ughhhhhhhhh! He only has 10 days to spend with me when he's out of basic which he graduates thursday ....and if we get married and we live together do i get to see him while hes in infantry school?

Best Answer

Not during school, no. But once he completes his training he'll receive orders to a unit. You have time in between then if you are wanting to rush a marriage. I want to advise you that a very large portion of Marines are divorced. There's a reason for it. If you don't like the time spent away from you now, you might want to rethink who you want to be with the rest of your life.

Best Answer

On top of this, he WILL be deploying. Most infantry do 1 year deployments. Some more. Some less.

Best Answer

I do wanna be with him the rest of my life or i wouldn't have wasted 3 months of my life waiting on him already :| I just hate that we have to be away from each other again ...just knowing after he just gets home and than has to leave yet again for a really long time, it's gonna be hard no doubt but i'm willing to wait, i just been wanting to learn more about this stuff :(

Best Answer

that's why i made an EP account.

Best Answer

I know a grip. Been in 12 years and have many Marines like the one you are wanting to marry. I can only suggest **** to you. You will do what you must. If you have any other questions or anything, I can maybe find you the answers. I really wish you luck. It's very hard to be a military spouse. It's harder than being the military member. You will be severely unappreciated.

Best Answer

It really is hard i never thought it'd be this hard,but it is!!!! I seriously feel abandoned :'( I just really hope he changes for the best when he's back and not the worse....and are u in the marines?

Best Answer

Yes, I'm a Marine. And I guarantee you - he will be very different. Not all relationships crumble, but it is severely draining on the partners back home. I don't want to fill you with false hopes. But I also don't want to tread on your relationship.

Best Answer

different as in how?

Best Answer

I can't make a generalization. Everyone is different. Some seem more detached. Specially if he goes through a traumatic experience. He might be angrier. Hell, he might not change at all. But there's a lot of violence and detachment in the Marines. It's a part of the gun club. I'm just throwing stuff out there. It may not apply at all to him. I hope this scares you into rethinking your decision because I just hate people getting hurt in this business.

Best Answer

I was with him before he wanted to join and i'm going to continue to be there...until he doesn't want me anymore, i love him and the military isn't going to come between the feelings i have for him but it might come between what he feels for me..if so i'm gonna let him go bc i'd rather see him happy than be with me and not be..ya know?

Best Answer

I understand. I really am not going to recommend anything further. I just hope the best for you and for him. Again, I am here if you ever got some Marine-related question. :)

Best Answer

thanks :)

Best Answer