I got a tattoo on my right calf on Saturday evening, it is now Tuesday and the area is still REALLY sore, it hurts to walk. Also my right ankle is swelling to almost double it's normal size. Is this normal? If so, how long should I experience this soreness? Or do you think it's infected and I should see a doctor?
kellyfish14 kellyfish14 26-30, F 12 Answers Jun 11, 2013 in Health

The 1st 24h is tender

shouldnt be painful after that unless you press down on it

by what you said sounds like a infection

Best Answer

See a doctor ASAP. It shouldn't last any longer than a sunburn.

Best Answer

I've got a couple tattoos but no swelling...Get to the ER asap...though it's normal for tattoos to be sore for a couple weeks after..the swollen ankle thing is not normal

Best Answer

Go to the hospital, asap. I have 4 tattoos and none of them reacted that severely or were sore for that long. It definitely sounds like an allergic reaction, possibly to the ink.

Best Answer

Sounds like you have an infected leg. I would got and seek medical advice like NOW.

Best Answer

depends on the tattoo you got...but its pretty normal usually a week ,make sure you use a&d lotion help heal faster

Best Answer

Gee i hope it's not infected, I don't think tattoos should be sore. Mine weren't. Get it checked out.

Best Answer

See a doctor. Your probably either allergic to the stuff they use in it. U can get a laser tattoo removal but they shouldn't hurt or swell after that long. Go see a doctor or to the hospital

Best Answer

cut off your leg. problem solved.

Best Answer