It has been 2 weeks and the spot is dark and swollen. My doc said: "Let's watch and see..." I'm getting nervous. How long do these spider bites last?
B3lla01 B3lla01 46-50, F 11 Answers Sep 25, 2011

Two weeks? No red line - if one developes get to er, no bulls eye which usually forms w/in 1 - 72 hrs., not painful yet still hard & swollen.... did not mention if you had applied triple anti antibiotic cream or rubbing alcohol or hydrogen peroxide solution a few times daily, either way... with a healthy immune system you should have noticed at some reduction in size within three to seven days and near complete healing within two - three weeks depending... I would return for a follow up visit at this point.

Best Answer

Very helpful - thanks. This is the strangest thing...

Best Answer

dark and swollen? Is it changing colors too? Have you gotten more muscular since that time, with the ability to shoot web from your wrists? :)<br />
I don't know, I've never been bitten by a spider bigger than a pencil eraser, and it went away within 24 hours.

Best Answer

Yes, my vision has improved tremendously and i can climb up the wall np wtf?

Best Answer

:D I was just checking..

Best Answer

Best Answer

Check every 10 minutes. Mark how big it gets every time you check. If it turns colors or gets really big go see a docter

Best Answer

Is it hard and hot to the touch as well?<br />
If it is dark and swollen, hard and hot to the touch then you need to have somebody help you with that immediately !

Best Answer

ugh really? It is hard but not hot so I hope it's not w/e you know x.x

Best Answer

Wait untl you stop bl<x>inking

Best Answer

green-red-yellow-green-red-yellow...

Best Answer

Did it go away yet? I'm worried about it...

Best Answer

No but the dark spot is not getting any bigger so that is a good thing.

Best Answer

Shouldn't last two weeks.

Best Answer

Go see your doctor right away. we sometimes think that things will heal on their own, <br />
Two weeks and no treatment, for now look it up on the internet and see if your doc will sent you to a specialist.<br />
Take care

Best Answer

i wouldn't wait; ice it, benadryl, & see a doctor.

Best Answer

I dont want to freak you , however i got a bite from some sort of insect it was a clear blister with black dots inside , the doctor lanced it and little insects eggs were inside it. still sends a chill down my back.

Best Answer

well yes, he already warned me there might be larvae in there :s

Best Answer

omg!

Best Answer

argh! its alive! i'm sorry but that just creeps me out......
what sort of spider was it if you don't mind me asking? i think the bite shouldn't be the way it is &amp; how you described it. although some will react differently to spider bite then others.

Best Answer

Doc says it might be a flying insect. I'm going to a diff doc tomorrow morning. I'm a little curious but not scared. Looks more like tissue has formed around the wound so who knows maybe it is a cut. It's my little experiment!!

Best Answer