Should there be an understood amount of time just out of courtesy? As the amount of time together increases, should the amount of time as a single person afterward also increase?
xxLizRockszz xxLizRockszz 18-21, F 13 Answers Jan 21, 2011

My rule of thumb is this: if you're only dating someone new as a "rebound" (and you'll know if you are), you are not ready for a new relationship. It's not fair to date someone new if they're only second best in your eyes.

Best Answer

Its not a matter of waiting. Its a matter of feeling. Moving on does not mean finding another person to get into a relationship with. Give yourself some time to come to and do what you were doing before you met that person. When the right person comes along you can start over again, slowly.

Best Answer

Long enough so you know you're not rebounding, not long enough that it becomes a hang up.

Best Answer

As soon as yo are SURE that your relationship is truly over, irreconcilably, and you feelings for the person are truly dead.

Best Answer

If you have a set time you may have a missed opportunity! just whenever feels right :) if you meet a person and you want take it further and feel ready have fun...don't waste time when you needn't

Best Answer

However long you were together, half that. That's how long it usually takes someone to fully 'get over' a previous relationship. But I say whenever you are over the relationship, love yourself and WANT to date again.

Best Answer

When you feel ready, if it is so soon after breakup, the person you 'get' with would most likely become a rebound, but then again, a rebound can help you move on faster.

Ok, I agree, rebound not good. But at least put yourself on the market again, attract some guys (or girls if you are actually a guy, I'm kinda confused at the comment you said about being the other guy) once you start getting that positive attention you get from the opposite sex, it'll start to make you feel better and soon forget about your ex. I think this should be done straight away. Just at the end of the night, say no to them, your not ready for anything. Hang around your friends as much as you can, just basically distract yourself for a while and don't think about your ex, think about the fact that you deserve better!

Best Answer

Thanks, that was nice to read (:

Best Answer

It's sad to say but honestly what difference does it make in this day and age....most people are dating while still in an existing relationship

Best Answer

Sadly, there is no mathematical equation -_-

It varies on many factors and is different for each person.

Just don't go on a rapid rebound and hurt the other guy's feelings.

Best Answer

I was the other guy.

Best Answer

It's what feels good to you. Just as long as you are not "re-bounding". That way your viewing things with your eyes wide open so to speak.

Best Answer

4 and half days

Best Answer

Depends how you feel, how much you loved your ex and how much you are prepared to go in new relationship with all the commitments =)

New starts, new things everything new..sometimes it's good to make a change but if your heart still belong to one person, than it's needed more time. But if your last relationship wasn't so serious I think you'll need less time. =)

Best Answer

39 minutes

Best Answer