We dated a year and 7 months total and it was all lies and fighting from him. It has recently ended and I am wondering how long I should wait before dating again.
Jordan8Johnston Jordan8Johnston 16-17, F 24 Answers Jul 25, 2011

You are not in mourning!

Best Answer

Just take a shower and head on out again.

Best Answer

you should not... but take it slow

Best Answer

Hmmm... I gotta throw in my hat in for this one. I dated, and then married, my H.S. sweetheart. It only lasted a year before she believed a lie about me cheating and (immediately? Where did THAT guy come from?) started sleeping with and living with her new bf., I gave her my heart, and sad as it may be, I will NEVER give that much of my heart away again. Never. I can't play that game when the stakes are so high... s'okay, I've gotten used to living alone.. s'okay, s'okay. Heaven still waits for me, I know. At least I can sleep at night and live with myself. The more I learn about what's available from the dating pool (around here) the more I love my CATS!

Best Answer

I hear you, brother.

Best Answer

just wait until your ready

Best Answer

When you're over him. Doesn't matter if its a day, a week, a month, or a year. No point in dating if you still have feelings for him. If you don't have feelings, for that person you are good to go!

Best Answer

I think it all depends on how you feel mentally. Personally, I just got out of a relationship that has left me shattered. Five years of ups and downs and over and outs....my therapist suggested one year before dating. I didnt believe him and gave it a shot after two months. I found myself to be comparing, not trusting and still feeling hurt. In my case, I was not ready and Im still not...but getting there! I think you are the best judge of when you are ready. You will know...just dont force it. Take some time for yourself to heal.

Best Answer

As soon as you get back from shopping for that new offit that you are going to wow everyone with. Tonite at your fav spot. HAVE FUN.

Best Answer

This is entirely up to you. There are no rules about this.

Best Answer

Let your head clear for a week. When you start eyeing other people that are attractive to you, it's time to date again.

Best Answer

5 minutes. The longer you wait the harder it's going to be.

Best Answer

The faster you let off the previous bf, you should start dating again...good luck!

Best Answer

In your shoes, I would start searching for a new partner right now.

Best Answer

dosn't matter, whenever you want to, no one died.

Best Answer

When you are ready. Don't go for rebound guys just to get over being lonely. Get on your big girl panties and live life to the fullest. Don't over-analyze your past or even dwell on it. So what if you wasted that time? NOW you have the chance to get it back doing something for yourself. And just a hint... if you're asking random strangers on the internet how long you should wait.. you're obviously not ready. You shouldn't need a confirmation from anyone as to how you run your romantic life. And I agree with another poster, you're not in mourning, move on.

Best Answer

You should wait until you meet someone you would like to go out with. It might be fun to date without looking for a LTR though. It might be nice to be free and go out with different sorts of guys for a while to see what you really like. You can go without a steady man in your life for a long time...several months, but you may be tempted to fall into a relationship. Just have fun being a girl.

Best Answer

Start back whenever you want. I still don't go out and I have been divorced three years. I know others who barely wait a minute. <br />
Do what is right for you, not what you just want in a given moment or what your friends think you should do. Good luck.

Best Answer

Thank you

Best Answer

20 percent.

Best Answer

However long or short your heart, or whatever body parts, desire.<br />
There is no rule or guideline, especially when he was the one who let YOU down.

Best Answer

a week.

Best Answer