mishy40 mishy40 36-40 10 Answers Jan 5, 2012

Before someone else does.

Best Answer

until you are sure that it is the correct step for you.

Best Answer

I never feel like this about anyone before i never meet my gf but we have a good relatonship together n she moveing over here to be with me n am happy she moveing i been wanting to ask her to marry me

Best Answer

The term marriage varies from one person to another. There are a couple of things to consider when pushing marriage especially in the day and time. Outside of financial benefits, what other reason do you have to want a marriage? Would your relationship change if you are now "married" to this person? Certain states already have common law marriages where two people are not legally married on paper, however, how they introduce each other to their friends, family, and financial institutes contradicts their "marital status". Some people want to be married because of love, because they want to be with each other forever, because they can say "hands off, they are mine", because they don't want to have children out of wedlock..there are just many reasons that you will have to evaluate within your own religious, moral, and values and consider how the term "divorce" or "break up" makes the difference pychologically in your mind and everyone else involved, children, friends, family, etc....should this unfortunate state happen.. So to answer your question, how long should you wait? There is no definite answer since some people don't get married and still are in wonderful, loyal, devoting, secure, nurturing and long lasting relationships. I support the institution of marriage don't get me wrong, just want it for your right reason.

Best Answer

i understand what your saying Im currantly getting in progress of divorced I dont believe children being born out of wedlock . You are right people can have having a loving lasting nutureing relationship swithout marriage certificate but personality myself I believe in marriage . Its awful if marriage doesnt work out but that doesnt change my views about marriage . mishy40

Best Answer

Usually after age 35 most people can tell within about a year if the person's the one. If he hasn't started talking about it by that time, might be a good idea to reevaluate your options---if you want to get married. If you're ok staying a girlfriend indefinitely, you can take as long as you like.

Best Answer

A year

Best Answer

3-7 years .. i guess it depends on when you are sure, but generally it's better to wait for at least 3 years ...

Best Answer

Why so long ? Most people don't wait around 7 years, especially depending how old they are.

Best Answer

I listed 7 years as a maximum .. well my parents waited for 7 years .. because they were in their early twenties .. but I generally mean at least 3 years to be sure because marriage is a long time commitment and it's not something you can do everyday ..

Best Answer

Tu parles francais? (speak french?)

Best Answer

i made a mistake of rushing into a marriage too soon and now im getting divorced ,I agree marriage is a life time commitment and shouldnt be rushed into . cheers mishy40

Best Answer

mishy40, you're right, one should not rush into something that big, it's a lifetime commitment .. I'm sorry for what's happening with you .. myself i consider waiting for at least 4 years before marriage :) have a nice day :)

Best Answer

I'd want to wait at least 2 years to make sure I see their true colors come out. A few years ago I got engaged after knowing a guy for about 5 weeks, I also let him move in with me. I thought it was LOVE, then his true colors started to appear, and they werent pretty. I ended up kicking him out 9 months later after he decided to have an argument with my father and call him the F----n C.

Best Answer

Until You're Sure Their The One For You And That You're Ready For The Comitment And That You Know Eachother Well!!((:

Best Answer