bufy1981 bufy1981 26-30, F 37 Answers Jan 24, 2009

Just to clear up something about the numbers. There are 2 units for measuring iron levels micrograms/dL and micromol/L, with reference values typically in the range 50-180 and 8-30, respecitvely. The conversion factor is 0.179.<br />
My iron was about 10 in these larger units. I had a variety of symptoms, which I did not connect at that time, but once my iron levels got up to about 55, it was clear iron was the cause. <br />
So, burning pain in the heart area, which escalated to almost constantly from once in a month previously. Tiredness - both physical and mental - I would come home after work and felt like I was screaming inside, normal life felt overwhelming. Women note: there is a connection between low iron levels and heart attacks in women.<br />
After initially taking iron (iron hydroxide polymaltose complex) pills, with lemon juice, I managed to get the iron even higher (double) by food alone. During that time, I was very careful to have at least one iron-rich meal a day, not to eat calcium-rich food with it (calcium competes with iron for absorption), combined iron with protein and lemon juice to help absorption, avoided coffee and tea like plague at least 6 hours after that particular meal. It worked!

Best Answer

I was lead by an R.N. yesterday who gave me her personal recommendation to take liquid Floradix for low iron which contains iron gluconate and absorbs better in yor body. she said this is lsomething the doctors dont tell you. I have been feeling fatigued and listless for a couple of months now. I had to order the Floradix from Amazon.com. It is not sold in stores. I am expecting to recieve it tomorrow by rush order. The reviews about liquid Floradix and its results are overwhelmingly positive with people seeing almost instant results. I will post again after I take it tomorrow.

Best Answer

Floridax is sold at Whole Foods, Vitamin Shoppe and almost every health food store. I gave this to my daughter when she was a toddler. It is best when mixed with a glass of vitamin c rich juice. My daughter is now in her 20's and will still take floridax.

Best Answer

I am unable to take otc iron tablets, my daughter suggested I go up to the Vitamin Store and explain my condition. They immediately suggested me taking Floradix and Blood Builder. I have been on both since 2000. Blood Builder by Mega Food take 1 tablet daily along with the Floradix. I gave this information to my Hematologist and she was delighted to have this information as she has a lot of cancer patients that cannot tolerate iron. Months later I ask her if anyone has benefitted and she said YES and being all natural from root vegetables it does NOT interfere with their treatments. :) Good Luck to you!!

Best Answer

The "norm" iron levels should be in a range of 15 and up. They told me my iron levels were a 7.6. I have to go see a hematologist now because I've been taking iron pills plus a daily vitamin with iron in it. Just wondering why my body isn't absorbing this iron. With my iron this low I've had symptoms like getting dizzy (even while sitting down), tired all the time, little to no energy, heart racing, anxiety issues (not sure if that is related to low iron), and get tired out quickly. It really sucks as I am a mom of three and want to be active and healthy for my kids. Wish me luck.

Best Answer

that sounds just like me! my iron level is 7.I had heart palpitations.anxiety.fatigue.dizzy.did u find out anything? I've had heart tests w no problems found.

Best Answer

I could have written this. I too have an iron level of 7. Mom with three kids. Anxiety, short of breath, dizzy, and so out of energy. Just started taking iron pills, hope to see some improvement. And really hope there is a correlation to anxiety and panic attacks. Luck to you :)

Best Answer

It's Iron Infusion. My body rejected the pills so I mix Liquid Iron spatone (tm) pur-absord with OJ 3 packs 1 time a day. You will feel the difference immediately.<br />
DO NOT DRINK CAFFIENE

Best Answer

My iron was 4 when I found out, was put on iron tablets and I was told to also take Vitamin C tablets to help you the absorb the iron tablets. Mine has gone up to 24 now and feeling better. <br />
Check with your doctor about taken the Vitamin C

Best Answer

my test came back with a 23 is that something I should be worried about

Best Answer

Hi i am 18yrs old, in the beginning of January of this year i had passed out while i was walking and bashed my head into a cement wall due to low sugar from barley eating for about a week cause i was so caught up in school and work. I went to the hospital after and they did a EP test and said that my heart kept skipping a beat but they said not to worry about it. About a month later i started getting dizzy alot and my heart would randomly start racing and then slow down, this went on for about 2 weeks and kept getting worse so i went to the doctors, they did blood tests and tests for my heart and said i had low iron but it wasnt to bad and just told me to eat better foods. I been better since then and have only felt sick once in a blue moon, but for some reason now i feel sick everyday i barley wanna eat and when i do it comes back up and i always feel dizzy, have headaches, feel fatigue,shaky and even sometimes feel to weak to even move.i also recently just moved about 2 hours from my hometown and havent switched over my doctor yet. I really dont know what to do. So if someone could please help me i would greatly appreciate it.

Best Answer

hmmm mine is at 0.89 should I be dead? I've been unwell for a long time and always tired, headaches, pains in all sorts of places, and horrid reflux with asophogeal spasms that feel like a heart attack etc - recurring glandular fever and then diabetes.

Best Answer

I had theEXACT symptoms and was FINALLY diagnosed with full blown celiac disease. Get tested! You'll be glad u did

Best Answer

What can I do just found out my iron is 3

Best Answer

i don't know that exact answer to this question, but i had a iron level of 2 about 3 months ago and i'm 16, i don't know if it's still at that level but i have an upcoming blood test to see if i've improved. My main iron intakes involve iron pills and just the main foods that contain iron. The day i found out i fainted twice about an hour apart, still feeling dizzy and tired and shaking from after the spells. After that i noticed how pale i was especially in my hands, right now i feel fine still exhausted, just hope i'm getting better, if i'm not then i will be going to a specialist it's pretty scary but i'm hopeful that they can help me overcome iron deficiency.

Best Answer

I just found out my Iron levels were a 4. Right away my doc refers me to a hematologist to get a Iron Fusion. Ive been feeling like this now for almost two months. Sometimes feeling like Im going to pass out. Ive been feeling week, headaches and dizzy. Like the other person noted I cant stay away from the carbs. I know I dont eat right but for some reason I crave sweets. I just turned fifty, I have thyroid disease , IMS, Gerd and just had a colonoscopy because I was bleeding heavy from the rectum for over a week. That test was neg. to any cancer. My doc also proscribed iron pills. I hope they find out whats going on because feeling like this is so debilitating . I dont have the strength to walk across the room and i cant breath. My heart races and I get a rush of weakness all through my body. Does anyone know how low is too low?

Best Answer

Get tested for celiacs which is the gluten allergry.

Best Answer

My iron is 7.3, I haven't been able to get it up. I take 3 iron pills a day, eat 4 meals with all the possible goddamnn iron rich foods there is, drink lots of water, orange juice and other vitamin c-full liquids. Been doing this for weeks, still doesn't get better. I sleep 12-14 hours a day, my heart beat gets to 140 bpm from just walking to the post box, and I'm really pale. <br />
Still in the process of deciding wether I should get the blood transfusion. But I hear you can get a lot of diseases from transfusions... And what if it doesn't help? Feels I'll never get rid of my headaches and short breaths 😔

Best Answer

I have not been feeling right for about two weeks now and have been told my iron is only 7. Im not sure what is the dangerous level but I know it's not where it should be. I have been told it might be due to heavy periods but also bleeding elsewhere in the body.

Best Answer

I had a low iron level 7. I am tired and fall asleep as soon as i sit own quietly (have done for many years) i am relatively fit and run 3 times a week but I find it very hard to breath when running, other than that I have no obvious symptoms. <br />
I've been religiously taking iron tablets for 1 month now My skin broke out in lots of spots and I had a cold sore and mouth ulcers (maybe some of this was coincidental). I have now had a second blood test and this has increased to 25. On the advice of my doctor I need to stay on the tablets but my skin is starting to look better and think I am less tired and my breathing is better. I'm not out of the woods yet (2 months to go on the iron tablets) but I am positive this is going to work for me. <br />
The tablets won't work if you have tea, coffee, milk or whole grain in the 2 hrs after taking the tablets and you must wait 1 hour after the tablet before eating/drinking theses things, apparently it could reduce the effectiveness of the iron supplement by up to 40% so make sure you take them correctly.

Best Answer

Get tested for celiac disease. I had the same symptoms!!!

Best Answer

my iron level was a 4 and my doctor made me take iron infusions 4 times in a week in the highest dosage....i have already had a blood transfussion because my blood count was down to a 5...so i go back in feb...

Best Answer

mine is 3.3. I am chronically tired. The doctor put me onto natural iron supplementation without investigating the cause. I started vomiting blood from the adverse effects. My advice if you are anaemic is don't rest until you find the cause. Mine is an iron intolerance from Salmonella. Check for helicobacter pylori too, check for cancer. The other thing causing my problem is tear in my oesophagus that I bleed from and a Rickettsial infection that eats my red blood cells. Iron tablets do squat.

Best Answer

My Iron levels were at a 5.5, my doctor offered me the option of a blood transfusion but I didn't want to take the risk. A lot of diseases are unknowingly passed through blood transfusions.<br />
I'm cold all the time and feel very week but I'm trying Iron pills to see if they'll help raise my levels. If not I'm going to see if can have an Iron infusion.

Best Answer

I have been iron deficient and anemic for 15 years now. They kept giving me blood transfusions and telling me to eat all these foods that are rich in iron. Which I did. Take iron here times I day which I did but nothing worked. About 3 years ago I was finAlly referred to. Hematologist. He told me i actually had thasselmiam and i didn't need to get any more blood transfusions. He started setting me up to get I've iron infusions. After the first infusion all of those symptoms start going away tha I had all those years. No more coldest old time, had energy, stopped having the crazy food craving, eyelids and gums pinked up. And my h/h went up onit own. I wish the doctors would have been figured this out. My iron wAs a 6 and my h/h was 6/21. After iron infusion iron went up to 30 and h/h to 1540.

Best Answer

iv been to my doctor about my iron and they said my iron is 3.1 im falling asleep alot and iv started to shake alot i have a 15 month old son.<br />
its really hard when the doctors keep giving you tablets that dont work

Best Answer

I've been giving plasma and the range they look for on your iron is 6-9. According to most things I've read even 9 is low. Is it different for plasma?

Best Answer