Whateverrrrr Whateverrrrr 36-40, F 18 Answers Aug 17, 2012 in Addiction

do people really count?

Best Answer

I do not exactly lead the charge against it but I can not recall having a single alcoholic drink in all 2012 although most of my friends do. It does no visible harm to most of them and very few even notice that I usually don't have one. But a few are curious and ask me why I don't join in. They are not critical of me because I do not criticize them. They are just curious and want to know. The truth is that some people close to me have drunk themselves to death and it nearly scared the life out of me. It is true that one drink won't hurt and many people enjoy having one drink. Maybe my reaction is extreme but I think often about the people I have lost to it. That 1% of the population who don't know when to stop. They seem perfectly normal in every other respect but for one thing. Once they start they drink until they drop. Why? Genetic predisposition? Allergy? Nobody seems to know the exact cause for certain. Some of my friends have said to me "the first drink is one too many for me. If I don't have the first drink I never get drunk". Not everyone can abide by this rule. Then again, not everyone needs to.

Best Answer

as many as I can

Best Answer

I never drink alcohol!

Best Answer

hardly...

Best Answer

Not enough

Best Answer

one or two drinks in a year, if that

Best Answer

I'm a lush, I always have an alcoholic beverage nearby every day. Sundays is my only exception.

Best Answer

4 or 5 a day. case a week. I guess too much

Best Answer

cocktail 3 - 4 x / week and a glass red wine every day with dinner

Best Answer

I'm at about a third a month at this rate.

Best Answer