FloatingStoutCotton FloatingStoutCotton 18-21 9 Answers Aug 2, 2012 in Marriage

Mine split which was a shock although what would i know about my own family since apparently i am not really a part of it..Then they got back together after my dad have up drinking and convinced the old girl to try again..

My mum reminds me of all the bad points of all my girlfriends rolled into one.

Its good they are together and thousands of miles away ,.since theres always been a great distance between us and they are happy together i guess.

I did not really learn much from them apart from not to have children unless you really have to...If you are not loved as a child,.the chances are slim that you will ever be loved as an adult..

Which its probably rare to find true love either way so keep it as a dream but don't expect it to be there when you wake up..

Best Answer

My parents are divorced, but they never separated. I guess I learned that my parental units are weird, and that marriage isn't really important as long as you're with someone that cares. Can't say that I'm glad, honestly don't really care. Their big kids, they can do what they want.

Best Answer

My parents aren't divorced, but they should be. I would be glad.

Best Answer

My folks almost split it got down to the papers they ended up not gettin divorced... I wish they did

Nuff said

Best Answer

At first i wasnt, but now i am glad. Of course i would rather them be together but they werent happy anymore and it just made the rest of my family unhappy with all the fighting and crying. Now some things are better and i can see my parents are happier so in a way i'm glad they got a divorce. I learned a lot, mainly to be more mature and that not everything and everyone is perfect.

Best Answer

I was devastated. My mom took us on a mini vacation to Geauga Lake in Ohio when we came back my dad was gone. My dads the one that always took care of us and I was really close to him. As soon as we walked in the house I asked wheres daddy? She then sat us 3 down and said we are getting divorced your dad had to move out and you aren't allowed to see him until we get things settled. I then was brought into the whole court part of it and was hounded by the lawyers multiple times. Then they made me pick who I wanted to live with. Then no one was ever home. I was left by myself. I had to do everything myself and I could never go over friends houses or have friends over. I ended up losing all of my friends in middle school because I had to stay home and watch the house. Or I was grounded for something my siblings did. Both parents just wanted to go out and party all night long. Half the time I never saw them anymore, maybe 2 times a week briefly. I cried for so long over that. It was extremely traumatic for me. I'm 21 now and to this day it still is traumatic even though it was years ago. Oh and my mom got custody but my dad was supposed to have us on the weekends but he always went out on the weekends and my mom wouldnt let us go there anyway even though it was a 2 minute walk through my grandmothers yard and a little further to get to my dads house. It really messed me up. I learned to never put my future children through anything like that. There's so much more but its not worth it. It sucked.

Best Answer

I am. My mother is a drunken loser and the divorce enabled me to live with my father. That was a good thing. Eventually she just became a deadbeat mom and my dad got the kids anyway, but I had the means to refuse to see or talk to that *****. By the way, my mother is a *****. If you want to criticize me for calling my mother a *****, save it. You'd feel like an idiot if you ever met her.

Best Answer

My parents separated when I was in high school. It was really hard for me to deal with but they taught me a very good lesson. Be mature about your problems. They never made my brother and I choose a parent. They had their troubles but they were talking them out. I was sad they separated but they had been together for 15 years and one of the main reasons they ended up together was because my mom had us kids at a young age. Looking back now it more of a relief to see my mom happy.

Best Answer

It was a rather... ramming.. ending.. Not going to explain. But I honestly don't give a flying duck sauce what happened between them... I learned to stop looking at their mistakes and to go make my own to see the world through my own eyes rather than my mother's forced viewpoint. But it's difficult if she's the only one here... I have no other family here. I learned my independence and that life have its ups and down.. Which I'm grateful to understand and accept but willing to keep going.

Best Answer