WaDiva WaDiva 36-40, F 6 Answers Nov 13, 2013 in Community

I noticed today a chain of university bookstores are eliminating most of their full time positions and turning them into part time. Bookstores are minimum wage employers, anyway!

Best Answer

No because healthcare in England is free and most big companies provide private health insurance as a standard part of your employment package.

Best Answer

We, Americans are getting screwed

Best Answer

Ps my husband is from Hampshire England

Best Answer

That is a terrible thing to do. Perhaps you all could walk out until they grant you at least the minimum.

Best Answer

Not in a country where millions of unemployed people are desperate for a job, any job. These greedhead employers know what they're doing!

Best Answer

It is cheaper for them to accept the tax penalty then it is to give medical benefits

Best Answer

They'd care if the penalty were death.

Best Answer

Double heart! But that would never happen. Large companies can take the hit. This has to be the worst possible thing that the government could do to us. People are losing hours at work and have children to support. What the hell were they thinking?

Best Answer

It does not affect me I am from Canada, like hamshireman from england said, health care is part of society, we may pay more in taxes, but we have no premiums, deductibles, most employers offer, or provide additional health insurance, such as dental, life, disability etc. on top of the Universal health care

Best Answer

If a company does that (which, btw, they have been doing long before the ACA was implemented), it's because of them not wanting the company and the higher ups to reduce gains. It has nothing to do with "Obamacare."

Best Answer