ICE4All ICE4All 26-30, M 22 Answers Sep 6, 2011

I've dealt with it in the past with hospitalization , medications, now I chose to not use either of those. I try to have a plan in place, like a sick day plan but to keep alive. Try not to isolate, get some sun whether you feel like it or not, also exercise, try to be social, it's soooo hard to do but my friends understood even if I just sat there, get the hell out of your head! All ruminating will accomplish is a plan to die. By the way there is nothing wrong with distraction as a tool, video games helped me, when you are feeling good write yourself a note for when you get depressed, about what you are thankful for and about you loved ones and strategies for staying safe even if it requires going to the emergency room, it's saved my life

Best Answer

i still suffer from it , it got me sick serious sickness though depression is a b itch last time i over came this it was i said enough is enough and i invaded life i just got myself out of my cave and tried to be more social and more active persone and i let go of worrying and doubt i just lived the present n't the futsure that's how i over came it , i wish i can do it agine though

Best Answer

Exercise, and a lot of it.

Best Answer

Depression is something that some of us live with every day. You must reach inside yourself and live for today, not tomorrow. Keep yourself focused on what is most important, live life with happiness, not depression. You can do it.

Best Answer

I was depressed about a decade ago. Was diagnosed but the pills didn't help me, it was my life. I never really considered suicide because everyone else in my family beat me to it, I ended up getting hives, everyday on my way home from work. My lips would swell up like they were going to pop. I was tested for allergies and nothing showed. I read books about allergies and the reading helped heaps. It broke the cycle of my crappy thoughts and I eventually got out of that life.

Best Answer

Drugs and a good doctor. <br />
Your mind plays dirty tricks on you when you are in a depression state get it fixed as soon as possible.<br />
Reason is many people aquire suicidal thoughts juring this time.<br />
Active people have a tendancy to get deppression when things are not going well.<br />
Try switching lanes do something different. It's not how much your doing what it is your not liking or not agreeing with something in your life and is changing you.

Best Answer

me me me me me! I was dead in the slumps of depression, brought down by this force, feeling opressed and burdened with all negative emotion leading to numbness! Then I started taking pills. And magically, it all ceased. And yoga and meditation helps WONDROUSLY. Seriously. My mind is not da da da dat dat da da running a mile a minute. Focused energy, calm , serene. <3<br />
ps- I hope you feel better.

Best Answer

Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. There are some online websites that give a quick overview. One is called the Mood Gym. Or you can purchase books or get physiotherapy. But basically by changing your attitude and thought patterns you can greatly improve your life. <br />
Also, don't underestimate diet, exercise and sleep. If you feel healthy your mood will be better.

Best Answer

I hung around my friends a lot. Praying helped out as well and I had other people praying that I would overcome it and I finally did.

Best Answer

I have and I committed my time to a "special" hospital hee hee to get regulated on medication. Come to find out that--I didn't need medication, I just needed to get away from the source of the problem. Deep depression caused me to sleep almost every chance I got. I would even physically fight for sleep. I haven't feel like that again in the13 years that have passed since then.

Best Answer

Live in love and by faith. Don't know who to love or what to believe? Jesus is the answer

Best Answer

God. I gave him a chance finally and He continually helps me.

Best Answer

I had really bad depression through puberty but I didn’t even know it. I knew I wasn’t happy but it went on for so long that not feeling happy felt normal. I used to escape the problem by having awful migraines but I realise now that they were all psychological because I wanted to escape, go into a dark room by myself and not involve myself in life. It wasn’t until I went to the doctor to get a repeat presc<x>ription for migraine tablets that he first suggested that I might be depressed. After that I had counselling for several months until I finally started to feel better and get some confidence back. I had thought about killing myself but never actively went through with it and was offered pills but was determined to stay away from them. I found identifying what was making me depressed and facing it the most effective tool for recovery.

Best Answer

i cut but that isnt a very good habit to form. the only reason im still here is because if i died i would inconvenience people because for some odd reason they would miss me and be sad that i was gone. Plus fear of God. dont take me for some jesus freak though. i know hell would be worse than life so, i'll wait for my time no matter how miserable i am.

Best Answer

I have never had that to deal with, but I have seen many different people struggle through depression and get to the other side. Most do recover and get to a place where life is good once again. I have know one or two that really did not but they are in the minority. My sister has depression from time to time and it can be really bad, but then she gets over it with medication. It just takes a few attempts at different medications and a good doctor who takes the time.

Best Answer

I listened to nothing but Shinedown and Theory of a Deadman till I got over it oh and I played World of Warcraft 8 to 16 hours a day. Its an mmorpg if you havent heard of it so you technically cant beat it. Also its good to find someone you can talk to about anything.

Best Answer

Best Answer

Pills don't help. Drinking doesn't help. Other drugs don't help.<br />
You just have to keep on keeping on.<br />
You have to just keep living your life.<br />
If you have to move to a new city, start a new life, get out of whatever you're under.<br />
New feels good. New helps you to put that inside smile back on the outsisde.

Best Answer

i ate o whole bottle of diet pills once. Amazed im still here. Even call poison control, just said go to the hopital lol

Best Answer

Well, I spent 4 months in a psyche ward. At the end. And that was the end. I knew that I had to get myself through it or I would die. I knew I never wanted to be in a place like that again. and although I still suffer from depression, almost every day, I I never let it do to me what it did back then.

Best Answer

Me. Pills.

Best Answer