Which courses did you take? How many credits were they, and how long did they last? How tough were they to take over the summer? What's the max load you'd recommend? I'm thinking of taking some gen ed's online over the summer that would equal 11 credits, but the classes are somewhat spaced out, so I think I might be okay.
GuitarGirl19 GuitarGirl19 22-25, F 6 Answers Jan 23, 2013 in Education

took a couple of easy electives. on a 6-week semester, that was all the load i could handle.

Best Answer

I took a couple of literature classes in the summer to catch up on my hours. Otherwise i wouldn't have been able to graduate on time.<br />
I thought it was a good experience overall. Taking a few during the summer lightened my work load during normal school hours so I felt better paced - and I didn't have to move all my stuff out of the campus apartments. <br />
It was more work, though. It was every day, instead of every other day, and my classes were online so it was constant reading and writing.

Best Answer

It is OK, if you have nothing distracting you. Traditionally, students might take electives in summer school because nobody cares about electives, anyway, except that they are required. You know. Foreign language courses; art and music courses. Stuff that is required but doesn't matter.

Best Answer

Last summer I took an intro to bio class(8weeks) it was approx 4 hours Mon-Thurs. I probably could have handled one more class maybe but it was intense. Anything over 8 would be awful hard. My $.02

Best Answer

I took summer spanish, it was 6 weeks and 6 credits, pretty brutal. Like 6 hours a day. But I really didnt want to take my foreign language and it at least knocked it out quickly.

Best Answer