With a short description of the disorder, what your symptoms are, how you feel, and what treatment you are using/seeking. I'm fairly interested in abnormal psychology, and a textbook can only provide you with so much information, it'd be interesting to gain a view from personal experiences.
daaytripper daaytripper 18-21, F 28 Answers Nov 21, 2012 in Health

I have suffered from both clinical depression, and mild bipolar disorder. Thankfully, both under full control now with meds.

Best Answer

There's always that struggle between which treatment is better, medication or behavioral/cognitive therapy.

Best Answer

When there is a chemical imbalance in the brain, medication is *necessary* to bring things back to normal, and often to KEEP things normal.

Best Answer

you have been watching Dr.Phil shows huh

Best Answer

Nope, I'm just really into psychology. I'm also doing a paper on Schizophrenia and wanted some input from those who have one of the subtypes in hopes to find someone for each of them.

Best Answer

I just realized how ridiculous that is though, schizophrenics are typically uninterested with social interactions, so those who are undiagnosed probably aren't signed up to a social networking website.

Best Answer

a whole bunch of them

Seasonal affective disorder,

Eating disorder,

Sleeping disorder,

Obsessive–compulsive disorder, both the one that causes compulsive behavior and the kind that is causing delusion,

Generalized anxiety disorder,

Social anxiety disorder,

Panic disorder

Recurring depressions and I'm probably bipolar.

(I also have had Post-partum depression, been burned out and been suicidal I'm not any of those now but the after-effects of it is still there)

Best Answer

all 3 of us

Best Answer

dissociative personality disorder?

Best Answer

NO way ! =)

Best Answer

ADD and Depression with a sprinkle of mania.... :)

In your text you will notice personality disorders....if your "character/mind" is not managed successfully they can manifest into full blown mental illness.

Over the years the greatest contributer to a personality disorder...jumping the cue to mental illness that I have seen is suppression of a traumatic or suffering/painful event(s). However, it is a bit of balance, because if you focus too much on suffering it leads to depression and poor self-worth.

Best Answer

"I " depression and a lil anxiety !!

Best Answer

Clinical depression

Anxiety/panic disorder

Borderline personality disorder

I take Neurontin and Ativan(I dont like it) for anxiety. Zoloft for depression. And Ambien sometimes to sleep. I have a problem with anxiety that I never used and have to take medication so I don't get irrationally scared. I am almost agoraphobic and don't go out of the house.

Best Answer

Borderline personality disorder

Bulimia nervosa

Psychosis

Panic disorder

Major depression.

Rage disorder

Tourettes syndrome (stimulous only)

Inbox me if you want further info/experiences.

Best Answer

Not I, said righteouschica.

Best Answer

I

Best Answer

Suicidal

Best Answer

I have a headache, if that counts.

Best Answer

I have some sort of sexual obsession and its been on my mind a lot lately. I am constantly thinking about sex, thinking dirty, would look at a person and wonder what they are like in bed. I am always watching ****- a lot of time it would keep me awake for hours. I like being watched and looked at in a sexual matter. I can have a lot of unemotional sex. I always thought it was ok, because it is who I am but the amount of ************ and sex needed with boyfriend is becoming alarming. I am not sure if this is something to be ignored or not. I've been like this all of my life but it is only lately that I wonder if I have a sexual problem. Is it a problem?

Best Answer

Ever wonder if that's just a symptom of a mental disorder? possibly borderline personality disorder? I know some folks who suffer this may be sex obsessed and present themselves in a provocative manner. I'm sure it could be a symptom of other disorders too, or maybe you're just sex obsessed. It is definitely something you should get checked out though - you're engaging and submitting yourself to risky behavior that could ultimately result in dangerous situations and/or your physical health being compromised.

Best Answer

never thought about it being a symptom. thanks daytripper.

Best Answer

Probably just a sexual addiction. The only indication it would be BPD would be if you had altering feelings about what you're or guilt.
Worth having a chat with a psych or love addicts anonymous, if you're concerned. If not: rock on!

Best Answer

man who can not get along with society is mental...

Best Answer

Elaborate.

Best Answer

be a roman when you are in Rome.

Best Answer

But you need all your Romans, in order to create a Rome. Society needs everybody as a whole and not just selected individuals. I believe everybody is functional in society, to a varying degrees. It would be very closed minded to think otherwise.

Best Answer

It would be a prerequesite to get involved in such a site? Yes, I am depressed, autistic and have a brain injury. Contact me with specific questions, if You will.

Best Answer

Syzoaffective

Social anxiety

Panic attacks

ADD

LD

PTSD

Best Answer

make room on the line for me....PTSD...Vietnam war.....

Best Answer

*raises hand*

Best Answer

I do not suffer so much as I enjoy it

Best Answer

Depression here.. :-

Best Answer