Like did you just keep saying to yourself..."I want out of my marriage" or did you actually get out or tell them you want a divorce? Where you scared....how did you handle being alone and having to pay the bills by yourself...etc If you divorced them did you pawn or sell your ring for extra cash, keep it or ?
Trying2findmysmile Trying2findmysmile 22-25 6 Answers Dec 18, 2011

I wanted out and I meant it and I got out. Things were so hard that I went back a couple of times and soon remembered (each time) why I got out in the first place. Not having kids (or a job or a college education) I started at a domestic violence shelter and got my medical care through the VA. This was scary and stressful as one can not stay in these places long. About two years later I found a "stable" friend to stay with and worked whenever I could then got a life coach to help sort things out...Kind of like, "what now?" And to make a long story short I will begin college FOR THE FIRST TIME in January. The whole thing took three years. - From the first time I left to full time college student.

Best Answer

Oh yeah, I pawned the ring.... I got $20! ha ha ha !!!!!!

Best Answer

Glad you came through. Domestic violence leaves very little options. Gool luck with the schooling!

Best Answer

ME TOO!!!!

Best Answer

It was a long turn around. Getting out was not the bottom. It took a couple more years to bottom out. I gave up everything I owned in the divorce and it was worth it. I got rid of everything I considered baggage as I worked on putting together a new life and career. And I refused to go into another relationship for years. Luckily I had friends that charged cheap rent (someetimes free) as I pulled things back together and whent back to school. Often my child support was more than I was making, but I would sell whatever I had to keep my court assigned obligation just so I could still see my daughter. But the ship eventually got turned in the right direction and my new career turned out to be better than I had hoped. I met the gal that filled all my gaps, and now I'm living the Happily Ever After.

Best Answer

How wonderful! Thanks for sharing!!

Best Answer

Life could be better, but I remind myself that it's preferable to what I got out of. :)

Best Answer

I got out four years ago and i feel more alive again .More myself.

Best Answer

Took a long time to get out.....best thing I ever did for me and my children. :)

Best Answer

Life is much better out of the marriage.

Best Answer