I wanted out and I meant it and I got out. Things were so hard that I went back a couple of times and soon remembered (each time) why I got out in the first place. Not having kids (or a job or a college education) I started at a domestic violence shelter and got my medical care through the VA. This was scary and stressful as one can not stay in these places long. About two years later I found a "stable" friend to stay with and worked whenever I could then got a life coach to help sort things out...Kind of like, "what now?" And to make a long story short I will begin college FOR THE FIRST TIME in January. The whole thing took three years. - From the first time I left to full time college student.

Best Answer

Oh yeah, I pawned the ring.... I got $20! ha ha ha !!!!!!

Best Answer

Glad you came through. Domestic violence leaves very little options. Gool luck with the schooling!

Best Answer

ME TOO!!!!

Best Answer

It was a long turn around. Getting out was not the bottom. It took a couple more years to bottom out. I gave up everything I owned in the divorce and it was worth it. I got rid of everything I considered baggage as I worked on putting together a new life and career. And I refused to go into another relationship for years. Luckily I had friends that charged cheap rent (someetimes free) as I pulled things back together and whent back to school. Often my child support was more than I was making, but I would sell whatever I had to keep my court assigned obligation just so I could still see my daughter. But the ship eventually got turned in the right direction and my new career turned out to be better than I had hoped. I met the gal that filled all my gaps, and now I'm living the Happily Ever After.

Best Answer

How wonderful! Thanks for sharing!!

Best Answer

Life could be better, but I remind myself that it's preferable to what I got out of. :)

Best Answer

I got out four years ago and i feel more alive again .More myself.

Best Answer

Took a long time to get out.....best thing I ever did for me and my children. :)

Best Answer

Life is much better out of the marriage.

Best Answer