det123 det123 61-65, M 36 Answers Sep 7, 2012 in Family Struggles

I was spanked (not beaten). People make such a fuss over nothing.

Best Answer

I agree. I will spank my daughter if she misbehaves. I don't care what people say. I am the one living with her. so what do people care if I spank my daughter if you aren't around her.

Best Answer

Its abuse guys. Do not spank your children. Believe me i would know. I hate my mom for doing it.

Best Answer

Abused children somewhat inevitably become abusers. Spanked is not a phrase with which I am familiar, however thrashed with tree saplings, bruised from my ankles to the small of my back was commonplace. Inflicting pain on any creature unable to understand the reason is never a good policy.

Best Answer

well said. In fact, very well said.

Best Answer

I'm glad for the discipline I received from my parents and will correct my children when they need it. Why do you ask? Don't go by what anonymous people on EP say. Choose for yourself.

Best Answer

I have spanked our children. It was never the first punishment to be used. There are times when you can't reason with a child, and what they want to do is not going to happen. So, with some warnings, if they chose not to listen to my wife and I. They got a bare bottom hand spanking. Nothing over the top, but they were crying after I was done.

There's nothing wrong with loving discipline even if that disciplinary tool is a spanking. It's how I was raised, and I love my parents very much.

Best Answer

I was spanked by my parents. They didnt play around. Very Strict. I spanked my own two children and they were disciplined strictly and taught manners early. My upbringing has made me a better person and I have two daughters that I am so proud of. it didnt cause low self esteem and depression. I knew if I did not follow the rules what the consequences would be. Tough Love and consistency

Best Answer

Jaws beaten and abused, but I broke the cycle with loving disciplinary spankings

Best Answer

I used to lightly tap my daughters hand when she was small and persisted in doing things that were dangerous, but that was before she was old enough to be reasoned with. When she reached 3 or so, I found withdrawing privelages/attention a more effective discipline tool

Best Answer

When my step son was quite young - in diapers and training pants - we'd swat him on the butt occasionally - with the diaper or training pants on, but it was never very effective and it quickly went byt the wayside - standing in the corner was effective tho!

Best Answer

My parents still spank me and I am 16.

Best Answer

I was spanked when I did wrong. no lasting trauma. kids need discipline.

Best Answer

I still am it sucks

Best Answer

Not me. Not As long as I have control over my emotions.

Best Answer

I was spanked as a child when I done wrong, and would rather take a spanking then have toys or other privileges taken away, it never done me any harm, the worst part was the waiting once you hear those words, wait till your father gets home, or being first in line if my siblings had been bad with me,

Best Answer

I was spanked on the bare ad with a belt and belt buckle if an adult hit another adult it would be an ASSAULT!!! .To spank on the bare is demeaning, humiliating, and disgusting. I admit I spanked my daughter once when she was 5, That was with my hand and over her jeans, I did it privately. She didn't cry. I felt so guilty, that I intentionally broke my wrist, She then cried. I asked her why then. She said it upset her to see me hurt myself. That was almost 8 yrs ago.She has hardly misbehaved since. I haven't and never will spank my son. When either of them misbehave I talk to them, ground them, or take away something they like for a period of time.A parent who hits their kid and says it's for discipline, punishment, or good parenting is rationalizing violence. I have written this online and spoke to real people about this. A parent is supposed to use his/her hand for patting their kid on the back, wiping away tears, and for hugging. A parent is to comfort their kid when he/she cries, not to be the cause. Learning is painful enough without causing physical pain.

Best Answer

intentionally broke your wrist. Do you think abusing yourself like this is healthy? Everyone makes mistakes and it's good that you realized it, and changed your ways. Don't beat yourself up over one silly mistake. Well serious one. But still silly.

Best Answer

No way. My child got one light swat from me and that was it. I never spanked her and I never will. I don't even yell at her. I'm here to teach her good communication skills and forgiveness, which includes control of ones anger and hate or displeasure of another. We don't selfishly get everything we want and that includes parents.

Best Answer

I was spanked as a kid, but it was never very severe. Normally a quick swat or two on the behind to get us to stop what we were doing or for minor misbehavior. ("I've been calling you for five minutes. You were supposed to back here at 8." Swat Swat. That sort of thing.)

Occasionally, my mom would whack us on the behind with a wooden spoon or spatula if she was in the kitchen, but again, it was never more than a few...five or six at the most.

And my dad basically used his hand. Again, never more than half a dozen or so for really misbehaving. And never on the bare or while draped over someone's knee.

All of my aunts and uncles and grandparents did the same. If we were bad or overly disrespectful, we got a quick pop on the behind.

I was never slapped by either parent, though my younger sister was once for calling my mom a f***ing b***h.

And I remember getting my mouth washed out with soap once when I was five for saying some pretty offensive words.

In the end, I think it was good. I hated the spankings and they did keep me from doing a lot of stuff. And I also hated the disappointment in their voice as well.

I don't have kids, though I did date a woman who had a daughter (that's another story) but I would probably spank my kids if they really got out of hand, but never for a long time and never when I was angry.

Both of my sisters have kids and my older one doesn't spank her son at all. In fact, she went off on me when I slapped his hand for touching something he'd been specifically told to leave alone. (She and I had some strong words and I refuse to babysite the brat.) He's a royal pain and a spoiled little prig.

My younger sister doesn't spank, though she's not adverse to slapping a hand or even once a slap to the cheek for being mouthy. And her kids are much better behaved and better overall people...

I dateda girl who's mom worked for the local Children's Division of the County and she told me that spanking IS legal, but a severe beating is not. Basically, if you don't cause permenant physical harm or break the skin or use a deadly weapon, spanking is legal. Around here.

Best Answer

I doubt I want children but I could never spank as I see it as glorified hitting or even assault

Best Answer

sensible answer.

Best Answer

i have but it was always the last resort ,,,,

Best Answer

I was, until it became painfully obvious that it wasn't working [Iirc, I was told that I literally turned around, bent over, and told them to go ahead at like...5. So they started punishing me other ways].

I...don't really plan on having kids though. So.

Best Answer

sometimes not having kids, can be the most responsible decission a person can make. You don't have to have kids. If anyone tells you that you must, tell them to, well you know what.

Best Answer