Questionator Questionator 26-30 131 Answers Sep 30, 2012 in Community

Question of the Day

not that my opinion even matters...I'm a girl :/ ...but I think of the saying "old men initiate wars and send young men to fight them" ...I don't agree with that. Let them old f/uckers go out there and die if they can't get along with each other.

Top Answer #2
Best Answer

I agree with what you said. I think that woman should be in charge of the world not these old men like you said. Women bear children and life is more valuable to them than most men. This is why my wife is in charge of me and our home and we live a very peaceful life together.

Best Answer

It's not usually the old ones who fight in the war. What
do you think they train the young ones for??

Best Answer

I don't think you understood the quote -.-

Best Answer

so true. That's how child soldiers ended up where they are.

Best Answer

I've already been over there, and I would go again. It is not about the purpose of the war or the politicians behind it. Its about defending the person next to you who needs you there to watch his 6. I would kill for my brothers in uniform, and I would die for them.

Best Answer

I wouldn't dodge it. I would serve the country anyway I could.

Best Answer

"When the rich wage war, it's the poor that die." I would never fight in a war because I think wars are pointless. If the rich want to wage war, they can go fight themselves to death for all I care.

Best Answer

You think it's a war between the rich and the poor?
You've got a lot to learn, and one day, you will.

Best Answer

No, it's a war between the rich. They are just using the poor as weapons and tools.

Best Answer

Who has the right to tell me to pick up a gun and kill someone?

Top Answer #3
Best Answer

Obama

Best Answer

Veteran of Operation Iraqi Freedom. I'll fight on a lie if need be!

Best Answer

i would. not my war...

Best Answer

I WOULD BE SCARED BUT DO THE RIGHT THING AND LET GO AND LET GOD HOLD ME IN HIS HAND

Best Answer

I wouldn't dodge the draft, I'm a 3 time combat vet from our great Army. Did/ do I always agree with the politics...No hardly ever. It's not my place. I follow(ed) the leadership of the military under the guidance of our elected officials. Dodging a draft/ refusing to serve doesn't fix the problem. Becoming knowledgeable and voting or creating a following and becoming elected yourself is the way to change politics.<br />
I love our nation and will support and defend her with my life if necessary (came close a time or two).

Best Answer

I definitely would. I hate war. Plus I'm 5 ft 3 and weigh just over 40kg, so I doubt my lack of involvement would be such a huge loss to the army, anyway.

Best Answer

if it was a real war and they were really enemies and it was for a good reason, then I would stay and fight....but if it was just control money or oil or because one of the little tribes in middle east decided to declare war...I would be like peace out..gone to brazil or dominican republic.

Best Answer

I'd just say "peace!" and moce to like... Estonia or Finland.

Best Answer

LOL yeah but the weather and women are both HOT in Dominican Rep and Brazil!! plus it's like party central most of the time too.

Best Answer

When I was about to turn 18, the draft lottery was still in place. My birthday came up #6. That meant drafted for sure and sent to Vietnam for sure. I used to joke that "...#6's don't even go to boot camp. They strap grenades to #6's and drop us over Cambodia!" <br />
I wound up joining the US Navy voluntarily before my 18th birthday because I preferred to serve anywhere else but Vietnam. My friends who had gone to Vietnam either never came home, or came home and killed themselves or came home heroin addicts. The Navy was my compromise.

Best Answer

I wish I had a draft card I could burn.<br />
I'm anti-war, it'd have to be a really really worthwhile cause for me to violate thaty principle, in fact one of my life goals is to go through life without killing anyone, accidentally or otherwise.

Best Answer

Funny, ever since WW2 all the USA has been in is wars of choice.

Best Answer

If I were a guy I would try to dodge it. lol

Best Answer

All of the Obama supporters

Best Answer

You mean as opposed to Mitt "Give Me 4 Exemptions So I Can Go To France Instead of Vietnam" Romney?

Best Answer

I would conscientiously ob<x>ject as we Quakers do.

Best Answer

I would since it goes against my beliefs. I cant follow "Love your enemies" if i'm shooting them all dead !.

Best Answer

Only if you expect to be President of the US.

Best Answer

I don,t support parochial policies. NO to these unjustified reckless wars aimed at ruining an entire nations just for abyssal exploitative selfish reasons.

Best Answer

I'm way to old for such a thing now, so not relevant to me directly anymore. <br />
But hypothetically, I would like to think I would have the courage to dodge it. Forty-odd years ago Vietnam was my war, and we all had to register at 19 for the draft (in Australia). Like the majority, terrified of being different, scared to rock any boats, I timidly lined up with the rest and registered. Much later I came to greatly admire and respect those who conscientiously ob<x>jected, and maybe even some who dodged it, but the latter were much rarer in Oz than in the US. It took such bravery of their part, being vilified, spat on, sent to jail. But they were the clearest thinkers who could see we were prosecuting an immoral and unworthy war. <br />
If I had to advise young people today in such a situation I would say: it's up to each of you to decide, but if you choose to dodge you do it with my blessing and a wish for your safety and respect for your views.

Best Answer

im an australian too , not as old as you , but everyone seems to be under the misapprehension that if you were drafted , you had to go off and be a soldier . if you wanted to be in artillery , be a tank mechanic , there was more things in the army to be apart from a soldier .

Best Answer