It seems like it should have some sort of boudaries like a peice of paper would. I am just baffled.
Itnevergoesaway Itnevergoesaway 26-30, F 9 Answers Jun 25, 2011

not exactly. Most astronomers now believe that the universe is finite, just extremely huge by Earth standards.

Best Answer

Are you being serious? if that is so, then what lies across the boundry, do they know? This is so facinating to me!!!!

Best Answer

we cant fathom this, we're like flies stuck in someone's window, not realizing that freedom is close by

Best Answer

I believe infinity is nothing more than a human construct. I think the universe and everything in it is finite.<br />
Large beyond our imagination perhaps, but finite. Even time is finite. Forever is simply a way of saying a really, really long time.

Best Answer

You have the best point yet. I think the reason I have a hard time phathoming infinite is because it isnt a phathomable concept by all rights. I still think I will die wondering what is outside of the boundaries of space. And by space I mean all of the galaxies, universes and stars ect combined. Thank you again I think you are someone that some how got inside of my crazy brain and figured out what I was trying to ask!

Best Answer

I find it easy to imagine. Rather, I find it easy to ignore. There is no point in thinking about endless nothingness. Concentrate on what is here rather than what is not out there.

Best Answer

why? I can't help it. I am so inquizative and I will never stiffle that. I don't neglect the here and now either though, don't get me wrong. I was just hoping to have some intellectually stimulating conversation which is hard to find these days ya know? Thank you for your answer!

Best Answer

Hard to have intellectually stimulating conversation about eternal nothingness. It's a simple concept really, I don't get what trips you up about it. The universe having boundaries is much harder to fathom, because then what is on the other side? And what is beyond that? And what is beyond that? Infinity is real, the only question is whether the universe goes that far or something else does.

Best Answer

We are time critters with finite minds. Endless souls walking around in "earthsuits" and limited by our own brains. <br />
lol. <br />
At least that's how a minister put it one time when he was trying to explain how Heaven and Earth are in relation to us. I thought it was a cute way to put it.

Best Answer

well, it may be hard to imagine because everything we can sense is finite, everything we've ever known...but maybe reality is not how you imagine it is...maybe it is different from what you already know...maybe there are still things to learn...i'm sure there are.

Best Answer

It doesn't need boundaries, it just goes on, and on. There are other galaxies, and planetary systems out there, that we are yet to discover. And according to the Science Channel, they think they've found something new, but I didn't watch that special, so I can't comment on it.

Best Answer

That's why some people say time and space is relative.

Best Answer