I agree that paddlings do help kids behave better,because there is nothing like seeing a kid sent to the office for the paddle,and return to the classroom in tears,and squirming around in their desks,and reeking of wet pee for all the others to smell for the whole rest of the day,as a reminder that there can be a harsh consequence for not obeying the rules/laws..when I was in school,..I only needed to see one girl sent to the office to be paddled, for talking and being disruptive,and when she came back to class still crying,and all wet down between her legs,and smelling like pee-pee,it sent our whole class a good clear message that we needed to behave good,and our teacher never had to send anyone else to the office for licks with the paddle for the whole year,so I think paddlings should be brought back once again,and we will have a lot better schools!

Best Answer

Was the girl in your class that was sent to the office for a paddling wearing a dress?

Best Answer

I was paddled in school and I support the use of the paddle in schools today. Once the middle school was going to suspend my oldest for a week and I asked them to paddle him instead, but they said that was my job. (only trouble he was a foot tall and much stronger than me). I wanted him paddled because I could take off from work to baby sit him during the day. Being out of school is what he really wanted, he didn't want to go to school anyway. It was totally bad for him to be suspended.

Best Answer

Brought back where? In 20 states, the paddle is still very much an option. In the other states, it has been eliminated in favor of detention and other non-physical sanctions. I think it might be wise if it were an option available for a student to choose, especially in the secondary schools. I don't think though that you would get much support for the paddle in school especially from parents who do not spank in the home.

Best Answer