Survivors of SP report they can barely breathe and almost suffocated, this is because the diapgharm is paralyzed and in rare cases it isn't fully paralyzed , so we have reports of survivors. But how many deaths?
AnnaMeyyers AnnaMeyyers 31-35, F 4 Answers Dec 1, 2012 in Health

Sleep paralysis is not life-threatening. Not in the way you seem to think, anyway. I've gotten into lucid dreaming so I know a fair bit about sleep paralysis AKA night terrors. It's just what happens when one's body falls asleep but his/her mind is still, well, awake. But it can't kill you. In fact, a great many people have suffered night terrors, especially when they were younger. You might have, in fact, but have forgotten it. Sleep paralysis is just a more harrowing form of a nightmare, not a cause of death.

Best Answer

my gf and her father have sleep paralysis... they say they can't move, but are totally aware of their surroundings, and they hear and see an old woman/witch but can't move. Kinda weird...

Never heard of any deaths from it. google it.

Best Answer

well there goes my sleep tonight

Best Answer

LOL, sorry. Didn't mean to scare you. If it makes you feel better, the witch never gets them. They always come out of it right before hand. I think the rumor is, if she does get you; you will die... It's rare... very rare.
Here's what happens if you're interested.http://paranormal.about.com/od/humanenigmas/a/Old-Hag-Syndrome.htm

Best Answer