That's because nobody lives of it without starving

Best Answer

haha good point!

Best Answer

In Australia, our welfare system is different. We can live off the government if we need to, but we also have superannuation and often those superannuation companies offer permanent and total disability insurance as well. So someone who is unable to continue working can receive their superannuation in full, plus insurance, plus a pension from the government.<br />
Oh, and I know a lot of people doing that because they need to.

Best Answer

Do you know any who don't need to, but do anyway?

Best Answer

No. The scrutiny is such that it is actually very difficult to cheat the system.

Best Answer

I do, unfortunately. At the moment I get approximately $500 a week on a Single Parent/Newstart Allowance Payment. I am in Poverty.

Best Answer

I doubt you're contributing to the so-called downfall of the U.S. my Love. ; } Right around 40% of U.S. families live below the poverty line.

Best Answer

I'm Australian for starters lol. :D.........ok 40% eh.....and that is welfare class and working class, and probably middle class living above their means?

Best Answer

I don't know anybody who is middle-class by definition, to say nothing of living above their means. Minimum hourly wage for part-time work is about the price of a Starbucks cup of coffee in New York City, and young people with college degrees are competing for those jobs hoping for better days to come. I know several who are qualified teachers, but schools aren't in the hiring mode right now.

Best Answer

In a few months I am 64. I will apply for my Social Security.
I worked hard for what is mine. I own everything I have. I buy out right. No payments=no interest. Some months are harder than others. For years I have planned this. Didn't want my children to support me. I have put money in via my years of work. So tell me where a 70 yr old can get a job to keep her lights on and but a little groceries. Welfare you ask? I worked! If you call working welfare, what the Hell were you doing?

Best Answer

In my life of working a certain percentage of it is pulled for various taxation. A part of this is the welfare. By working I am paying others NOT to work. Ironic isn't it!

Best Answer