Amandra Amandra 18-21, F 46 Answers Nov 1, 2012 in Marriage

I Do, married 6 years now to a beautiful man, but celebrating the 10 year anniversary of the day I met my husband today. Growing up with the generation I am from, our parents all, seemed at/around the same time started a messed up trend to go thru like a mid-life crisis and divorced around the same time "wanting something better out of life" for themselves, now their parents, with exception of few were more opt to stay together till death. You know what that did, other than make people not of their word? It showed the rest of us bad examples of How a marriage does not work. We lost sight of what good ones looked like.

I knew at a young age, I wanted the romance, the old fashioned courting, to know before I ever said an I do, I knew I would be sure of it and I took it serious, I mean this commitment is for life, a promise you are making. Marriage is so sacred, sharing a life with someone, having a pure one of a kind bond that no one else has that you get to, you make the promises, and you keep them!

I don't care who you are, there are always tell tell signs that someone is not right for you way before it gets to that point of wanting to marry someone, so many just ignore that because they love the thought of being in love, they do not want to be alone or what someone does for them, which to me is very selfish, at times I feel to care more about my spouse then I ever do myself and he does the same for me, or so that’s how I have been experiencing it. I was proposed marriage to by 3 men and said no 3 times before I even met my husband, it came down to I knew I wasn't "in love" with them. I could never fake it, as now a days you can see ones that do. Hence the reality TV show marriages ;)

If you want to know more, pay attention to the marriages that work, ones You see people happy in, with social media reporting and the emphasis on just who is marrying who and the divorces, how often have you ever seen a couple celebrated for the long ones? rarely ever.

I tell you all this because it effects my heart to see anyone lose hope in the sanctity of marriage. Take the time, especially when your young to get to know yourself, love yourself first, if you don't, then how in the world can you expect anyone else to? We all deserve it, a valuable marriage.

Best Answer

I DO!!....been married for 23 plus years......you just gotta work at it and commit to it

Best Answer

awww.. :') Just gave me hope marriage still works. thank you. hope people would be like you.. having the creative fidelity.

Best Answer

LMFAO

Marriage is a joke.

Best Answer

so sad.. I guess marriage is not that important naymore

Best Answer

Nope. Least not to me.

Best Answer

This.

Best Answer

this?

Best Answer

He agreed.

Best Answer

oh

Best Answer

*Raises Hand* I do

Best Answer

I always thought that marriage was a good thing when I was a little girl. Now though, I don't value it as much. If 2 people love each other, then why would you need to be married?

Best Answer

well.. because they need grace from God. and that's where sex will show up. I don't know how to explain it. I didn't grow up in a liberated country, but I believe marriage is such a important because two people took an oath. a pledge. a promise that should never be broken. divorce is the number one enemy of preserving a good marriage..

Best Answer

if you don't get married, then there is no danger of a divorce. Also, what about same sex couples?

Best Answer

and that's the point. if you're in a marriage.. relationship are better taken care of.. because you are committed.. the sex is in our religion. it's required to be done after marriage.

Best Answer

It's the quality of the relationship that matters, not the public status.

Best Answer

I don't know. FOR ME, it's very important. and it's sacred. it's just the modernized world swept away it's importance..

Best Answer

Life is bigger than words.

Best Answer

Yes. I'm LDS, or Mormon. Marriage is something that I've been taught is sacred and important because in our religion it isn't "Til death do us part", but "For Time and all eternity" if you are married in the temple. This makes the choice of who and when you are married much more important and significant.

Best Answer

wow. your oath is better than the til death do us part :) and me too.. I treat marriage as sacred

Best Answer

I value marriage. It is the best school, teaches you at first how to give, than how to understand, forgive, and compromise. It may open minds and hearts. I value especially the unhappy marriages, imo those could be ones to open the minds and hearts. By being very happy we may keep inside the circle, focus on its warm and cozy interior contemplating the walls. Yet unhappiness I guess could give a soul pushes to question to do searches for new universe, not for a lover but something deeper, wider ... It may be the road for creativity where singers makes wonderful songs painters are creating movements and colors, books takes form... Or volunteer work may rise, awareness .... It is very hard for a husband or a wife to fulfill each other for a life time... Marriage nowdays may also be a reason for the government and churches to keep control of the couples and their children. The married couple is forced to struggle to provide a roof, food, education for the children. Of course from there "must have" consumerism could also reach the ceiling so here is how marriage can be only a reason to fill the pockets of some who value money and assets over everything....

Best Answer

I do. It's something that is supposed to last, but so many people write it off. "Oh, this marriage isn't working out, guess I'll get a divorce." Shake the kids up, they will get over it. Who cares, right?

Best Answer

It is a valued thing. Unique in its doing correctly.

Best Answer

I value marriage, but it hasn't been very good to me in general. Four of them broken, now. *sigh*

Best Answer

oh. :(

Best Answer

Yeah. So that's what my situation has given me. I think marriage is supposed to be great- but for me it really isn't so great....:-/

Best Answer

I do

Best Answer

lol. sounds like getting married

Best Answer

As soon as I find the right girl

Best Answer

:) good luck mr. cuddlybear

Best Answer

Thanks

Best Answer

no problem

Best Answer

Depends on what values one attaches to marriage. I value mine for the goals we achieved together, the responsibilities we have shared, the friendship and the love.

It's not perfect, mine is on shaky ground right now because I think our priorities and goals have shifted apart. People say marriages fail, but I won't ever say mine did. I value it for the accomplishments and where we have gotten together in life.

Best Answer

keep holding. soon problems or conflicts would be over like it never happen. :) I think. well I'm not yet married, but I'm happy there are people who brings hope to me that someday, when I'm at the right age for marriage, it's still valued as before. thanks. :)

Best Answer

Good for us, not sure what the problem is with these sad sacks. Personal view is, they are the same people who keep making poor choices.

Best Answer

ha ha. agree. although not to be mean, but they need to realize.. there's more to marriage than papers. hmm.

Best Answer

Yep, we are both pig headed, opinionated, strong willed and darn hard to deal with at times. We do get a good laugh at ourselves at times, and I have no problem with saying I'm sorry, my fault or not if i think it is needed, and I have noticed the same of her. Its not easy to merge two lives and make it livable for both and still allow for growth, but it has to be done or you quit.

Best Answer

well, pride is a problem. understanding is much needed and creative fidelity. :) wish you both a happy life forver

Best Answer

Thanks, wish you the same, choose well, love hard, yes, personal creativity is always good in a monogamous marriage

Best Answer

:) thanks

Best Answer

I value strong, healthy, mutually beneficial relationships. Marriage can be this but is too often not. Marriage can make ones life easier though because it is so widely accepted and recognized by society, intuitions and the government. These means they have a preset way if interacting with you and your spouce and are not required to think, which can be a good thing.

Best Answer

legal, that's what you mean. both in law and the eyes of many people. :) good point.

Best Answer

I do. People today just don't care about anything. If they have to work to achieve something, they don't want it. They don't want to commit to anything. That's why people hate marriage today. Plus, society's morals are just f*cked up anyway. It's like a car. You can buy the car and have it as your own, or you can just rent it. I'd rather own the car, thank you very much. When the time is right of course. Think out your decision.

Best Answer

thanks. :) I go your point. many people don't care about marriage anymore. they just get married, then divorce then married then divorce.. just what about that?

Best Answer

Yeah. And many divorce for stupid reasons. Granted many get married for stupid reasons too, like unwanted pregnancy. You have to think and make decisions before hand. Hard decisions.

Best Answer

well, I guess people should value sex too XD

Best Answer

I value marriage highly, ours has lasted over 50 years, we've been through tough times & good times, always together & helping each other. For us it's not a religious commitment in any way, it's a loving partnership to be treasured. It's give & take, working together, open discussions, being thoughtful & pleasing each other. Don't knock it, make it work & it's so rewarding!

Best Answer

:') I salute you sir. wow.. 50 years. *speechless* hope I could be married to a guy like you

Best Answer

It costs us our "Bachelor's" degree only for you to get your "Masters" and Marriage certificates are just other words for work permits.

Best Answer

boring must your life be.

Best Answer

Interesting but I think you are getting the "Legal Marriage Certificate" confused with the question of "Marriage" they are legally separate considerations. Marriage is the contract between the [ok I am going to be old fashioned] a Man and a Woman, A marriage certificate is a legal document that say's the State approves for mating rights. Until the oppressive non religious and gay rights groups politics get involved.

Best Answer

Second time's the charm

Best Answer

is that good or bad?

Best Answer

it's excellent. Got out of my starter marriage

Best Answer

oh

Best Answer

I do :) in the right time tho

Best Answer

:)

Best Answer