mrjody mrjody 36-40, M 29 Answers Jun 9, 2010

the mentally ill pukes can come here and say anything they want and feel no one will notice. the depth of their mental illness can be seen when they claim the fake avatars they use are a realistic portrayal of what's in their profile. how can they openly ask people to compare their sexy cartoon avatar with the real photos on their profile, and believe people will say, "sure, that fat old hag looks like the sexy cartoon character. sure she does."

mental illness is sad, but do they have to be so damn annoying as well? damn cheesecunts

Best Answer

I think a lot of people live a fake life on the internet because they live a fake one in real life too. Many spend so much time in cyber living because their narcissism and delusional thoughts play out with little grounding by others. Just call out someone on something once, and watch the hysteria ensue. And the avatars are a perfect example of people choosing what they want to look like rather than what they really are. If people feel they are as sexy as an avatar why don't they just use their picture then? Because deep down they know they are not.

In real life, we know those people suffer, but it's their loss to live. No sense wasting to much thought about them.

Best Answer

Define "fake" How can we tell when a person standing in front of us is real?

Best Answer

When I say "fake", I mean someon ethat gets on here living in a fantasy world and lie just about everything the post or talk about.Basically living out their fantasy through someone.Not just here, but anywhere on the internet.

Best Answer

I spend too much time on the internet and sometimes it feels as though it has become my life, when I realise I'm doing it then I make sure I take a break till I'm able to balance it out more. So although I don't lie on the internet and am always honest therefore real, I'm still not living REAL life because the internet is not the REAL world.

Best Answer

Being online provides a safe haven for most. It offers the option to wear any mask they want, be whoever they want, say whatever they want etc. Most cases those people are very opposite in real life and would never say or do 75% of what they express online. Many online platforms can provide a vehicle of sorts for people to experience things that they may be unable to in real life. Now while perhaps some of these instances are harmless, there are plenty that are not.

There are plenty of examples of people who become someone else online...meet ppl...share feelings...hurt people and so on. They typically don't really care as they are feeding there own need "online" and do not think of the after effects. If you engage in chat, romance, whatever with another person...you are both real ppl behind the screen. With that said...try to approach from a view point of how YOU want to be approached. You can stay private without being fake.

In my opinion, the "fake" road simply shows the real persons lack of integrity and security in the first place and perhaps that fake adventure will help them in some way...but in most cases not.

Lastly, the percentage of men to women is amazing. More then 70% of the fake peeps...are men. and why? for sexual reasons. This includes the men who play female characters online in forums, games, etc..all with the desire for cyber sex and so on. lol - that part is a fact sadly.

Best Answer

that's like REALLY impossible to tell...

Best Answer

well I guess I am one of them no idea how many more there are like me

Best Answer

Some people set up fake accounts so they can talk to people and express things they just can't in real life. What if someone is going through abuse and they can't talk about it in reality? Just one of the many examples not all fakes have a bad agenda.

Best Answer

This is a terrible thing to do to anyone. A good friend of mine has just been caught up in this whole "falling inlove online" and had never met the girl after 5yrs of talking on the phone, chatting and texting. This woman stole someone else's pictures and even created a Facebook account with them. He felt so passionately that this person existed as they had represented themselves even despite all the red flags. She stood him up everytime they were supposed to meet up, she never would go on webcam and the pictures she sent were not even her! Just in the last couple of days he has been looking back at it all, even took her phone number into Telus to see who's name it was under. They said they couldn't say the name due to privacy issues but ensure it was not a female name. This whole situation has had such a deep affect not only on him but his family and friends. It was a very disturbing thing to experience the after affects are just as disturbing. Preying on someone's emotions and their ability to be human and love someone they thought was real in their mind. What an awful thing to do to another person regardless of how naive you may think them to be. He will changed forever from this and together we are picking up the pieces and trying to make sense of why someone would go to such great lengths and be so elaborate in creating this whole life on the internet, based completely on lies is just so difficult to come to terms with. Please don't do this type of thing to others, it has serious life altering affects on not only them but their family and friends...

Best Answer

I consider my "handle" or my alias as the popular term is my fake life. We are who we are at home, and probably a different person online.

I know there are many married people who claim to be single. Many men, pretending to be women online.

If you expect the "truth" on the blind internet, what do you expect?

Best Answer

A lot of these people really don't know what they are talking about. Like the one who said those who live a fake life on internet live one in real life too. And those who complain about how mentally ill they are etc.

I made a fake person once. Honestly and bluntly, it was fun. I made it like a character in a book, except it was interesting so real peoples' reactions. You'd be surprised at how many different kinds of people make fake internet profiles. I actually live a very honest life. At this moment this comment is very honest. The fake profile part of my life died and went to heaven long ago... I'm saying that sometimes the reason the profile is fake is not always some deep and profound reason. Sometimes the person behind the scenes just got really bored and really creative. These people are not bad horrible people. They are NOT always pedophiles or "predators". More times than not they are nice people. More times than not these people understand the world in a different way, in a way some people would never think of. I am a fifteen year old girl. Like I have time to deal with being labeled a "cheesecunt" ... Plus there are various levels of fake. Some people are being themselves online, but are more outgoing than in person. Ack I'm done here. Case closed =)

Best Answer

I am kinda of me online or off. Same kinda humor, and same kind of weirdness haha. I don't think most women here are men. In fact, a lot of real pretty girls are here using their true pics.

Best Answer

I was living a fake life like that for about three days. I made a fake profile and got a picture off of Google.

Truthfully i think i did it because I was bored, and lets all be honest here.

Would you rather talk to someone who's ugly or attractive?

Anyway i got the picture made up a little 'about me' and made a fake person.

In a few hours I had a few friends and new messages.

This lasted about 3 whole days and I started talking to this girl and she was really nice and funny like my friends in real life.

But since i do have a conscious, i started feeling bad because everyone thought i was real and stuff.

So i deleted the account but i still felt bad.

I know it was wrong and stupid, but i just wanted to do it because it 'seemed fun' at the time

but now i realize its not good to pretend to be someone else and use fake pictures because at first its cool but after a while reality sets in and you feel bad.

So

Best Answer

You all busted!

Best Answer

i did for awhile. (not here, and not lately!) i was bored and lonely. i was careful to keep things light and not harm anyone. i let the friendships wind down and disappear naturally.

Best Answer

Those hurt me a lot. I wonder why they disappear. Some disappear because perv kept challenging them saying they must be fake unless they give out nude pics.

Best Answer

not me

Best Answer

At this point in my life this is the only place I can really be me. Whats the point of being fake, what can they get out of it?

Best Answer

hard to tell the exact number, but its a laaaaaaaaaarge one for sure

Best Answer

Bangkok Thailand

Best Answer

Theres this girl and everything she posts is painfully obvios that its fake. and yet everyone keeps tlaking to her as if its real. I live in the woods with wolves, i can fly, i once beat up a tornado. Thats not what she says but just as obvios. and no matter how manytimes you confront her she just keeps going and going like lies will make the lies not sound like lies D:D:D:

Best Answer