I love West Hollywood, USA and Manchester, England. Australia has never held my psyche. What about you? (excuse the typos in my replies, my fingernails need trimming.)
TheWomanWhoDid TheWomanWhoDid 36-40 12 Answers Feb 3, 2013 in Travel

Ohh yeaa!! I'm Asian by birth (mixed Asian) but I don't fit in, I don't agree with the traditions and a lot of their values. It might also have something to do with me growing up in foreign (Arab) country.

Most of the time I feel alienated because I don't accept where I am from yet I am rejected for who I am. I love the European culture and way of life so much that my (soon to be ex) husband is European.

I just hope and pray that I give off healthy vibes to my daughter.

Enough of endless chitter chatter.

To answer your question: count me in as one who thinks outside her physical nationality.

Best Answer

I was born in China but I am fully American.

Best Answer

I'm happy you have found a home. :)

Best Answer

im more interested in the person than where theyre from

Best Answer

Yes, me too...but I was just wondering because I don't feel at home here.

Best Answer

I don't know, but I've always had a strong interest in African art. Most of my favorite artists are African.

Best Answer

*smiles* Take a trip.

Best Answer

Interesting. As an American who spent 62 days in Australia, I would move there in a heartbeat if it was more feasible. I totally click and got along with Australians very easily and you lot seem to be a bit less high strung, and more easy going in general than us, from my rather limited observations. Guess the grass is always greener on the other side.

Best Answer

I usee a wheelchair and need daily care so things are hard here. UK and the USA are both kilometres ahead with disability rights in different ways. Manchester= snow and government heath care, WeHo= Sun, Earthquakes, just new/limited healthcare.

Best Answer

That's certainly understandable then. I'm surprised to hear that Australia is behind The US and the UK in disability rights.

Best Answer

Public transport is atrocious, agency care is limited (regular hours are 7am-10pm, no after hours without mega funding chunks taken) and building access has standards on paper but is implemented poorly.

Best Answer

Hope things change there in the near future, That's really unacceptable.

Best Answer

I've always Lived primarily within my mind,and have always felt Alien,since no one has shown up in the Mothership to take me back,I guess I belong HERE. :)

Best Answer

I want to be Gallifreyan.

Best Answer

I do, especially since there is now a stigma to being American.

Best Answer

Only if people stereotype.

Best Answer